My daughters recently watched the movie 17 Again. Though I didn't watch it with them, I couldn't stop thinking about the premise (a 37 year old becoming 17 again) and wondering:
Would I like to be 17 again?
To answer this question, I made two lists. The Pros of Being 17 vs The Pros of Being 38. Here we go :-)
The Pros of Being 17
- Faster metabolism. And boy did I take it for granted *g* Back in the day I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain a pound!
- No gray hair. Though I'm not sure the curled under bangs, poof of hair on top and spiral perm was the best look for me.
- No wrinkles
- Little responsibility. No bills to pay (except for my car insurance and gas) no one asking me to take them to cross country/volleyball/basketball practice, didn't have to worry about things like medical insurance or who was going to water the tomatoes.
- Fearless. Was willing to try anything at least once :-)
- I didn't have to get groceries. I love to cook but could live w/o getting groceries *g*
- More time to read, hang out with friends, go to the movies etc.
- Could stay up past 10 pm and not even get tired!
- Had whole life ahead of me.
The Pros of Being 38
- In better shape. I may not be as thin as I was but I'm healthier and in better physical shape *g*
- Better hair style and better fashion sense. My big hair and pleated jeans with tapered legs are long gone, thank God.
- More freedom. I can come and go as I please and best of all, no curfew so no one can ground me for being late :-)
- No high school!
- No teenage angst (except from the two teens and one preteen living here *g*)
- My husband and kids. I didn't know any of them when I was 17 ;-)
- Great friends. I had some good friends when I was a teenager but the friends I have as an adult are the absolute BEST!
- A career I love.
- I STILL have my whole life ahead of me *ggg*
I think I'll stick with the age I'm at. After all, it took me a lot of years to become the woman I am today, I'd hate to take a chance on messing that up just for a faster metabolism ;-)
Would you like to be 17 again? What Pros can you think of for going back to a younger age? What are the Pros of being the age you are now?