Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Guests Galore in the Lair!

posted by Aunty Cindy

We LOVE having guest bloggers drop by the Bandit Lair, and judging from recent comments and stats from Google Analytics, YOU our wonderful readers, love them too! Well, Aunty is thrilled to announce that we are going to have a "Guest Blogger Blow OUT" for the next few weeks! We have some GREAT authors who have agreed to visit:
  • July 27th (yes, this Friday), my good friend and SUPER YA author Tina Ferraro will do a Q&A (with a few fun surprises) and give away a copy of her current release "Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress."
  • August 1st Anne Mallory, whose Regency romances come with a "...mysterious twist," will guest blog about her August release "What Isabella Desires." And not one but TWO lucky winners will receive autographed copies.
  • August 6th erotica novelist, Collette Gale will chat about "seducing the classics" and the release of her retelling of the Phantom of the Opera in "Unmasqued". And yes indeed, an autographed copy will be given away to an erotica reader.
  • August 9th Janet Mullany will be here just in time for us to help her celebrate the release of her "chicklit Regency" "The Rules of Gentility" and a lucky commentor will receive a free copy.
  • Then on August 10th Julie Cohen will leap "across the pond" to hang out with us, do a little Q&A and give away a copy of her latest US release "McAllister's Baby."
  • August 16th the incomparable Sabrina Jefferies will talk about her latest book in the School for Heiresses series and her new Mossy Creek anthology. Of course there will be a giveaway!
  • August 27th best-selling super-star Lorraine Heath will join us to celebrate her latest release "Just Wicked Enough" with a free copy up for grabs. Lorraine will tell us about her historicals and her foray into YA!
YOWZA! I hope I haven't forgotten anybody! We are going to be busy Busy BUSY here in the Bandit Lair so be sure you VISIT OFTEN!

18 comments:

Keira Soleore said...

Yaaaaahhhhhoooo. Thanks, Banditas, for taking reader comments seriously. ;)

Caren Crane said...

Keira, anything for you, darling! See, this is the kind of thing that happens after the RWA conference, where the Banditas spend lots of time in the bars, plying unsuspecting authors with alcohol. All manner of promises to guest blog are extracted!

Anna Sugden said...

So that's why we hang out in the bars *grin*.

I'm thrilled with the awesome line-up of guests. And it's thanks to our fab readers, like you Keira, that we are able entice such great guests.

Though the free drink can't hurt. LOL.

Joan said...

Yes, Aunty. It's going to be a great month at the Lair!

As to why we hang out in the bar.

I thought it was to show off our shoes!

Anna Sugden said...

LOL Joan - that too!

Kate Carlisle said...

Wow, what a line-up, Aunty!! And may I say, that's a lovely crystal ball you have there!

There are sooo many reasons to hang out in the bar, someone should blog about that! Hmmm. ;-)

TinaFerraro said...

Wow, I'm so happy to be part of your Guests Galore--it sounds like so much fun. Be back soon!

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

HUGS Keira! Even if I wasn't able to meet you face-to-face (YET!) I ALWAYS take seriously what you and our other loyal readers (hrdwkgmom, helen, cherie, flimphan..to name only a few) say!

HEY TINA! Can't wait for Friday! ;-)

VA, Caren and Joan (ahem!) do NOT try to kid Aunty about hanging out in the baaa comparing shoes and schmoozing with other authors... Don't make me bring out my crop, young ladies!

And yes, Kate, that is a SUPER KEWL crystal ball I found in one of the secret hidey-holes here in the lair. Now if it would only show me about future SALES... Oh WAIT! It IS showing a sale!!! Just not mine. :-(

AC

Caren Crane said...

Aunty Cindy, I can't believe you would suggest we hang out in the bar for any reasons other than schmoozing (for our loyal readers, of course) and showing off our shoes. And, if your Joan, a set of lovely pink toenails. *g*

If it weren't for the betterment of the blog, I would never darken a barstool! Oh, pardon me, must fish out my compact. My nose seems to be changing form...

Joan said...

"And, if your Joan, a set of lovely pink toenails."

LOL, Caren,

Yes, one of the 15 OPI colors in my cache. "A-Rose by Dawn-Broke by Noon"....from their Las Vegas collection :-)

Beth Andrews said...

Whoo Hoo! Excellent line-up of guest bloggers as always *g*

I'm excited about them all but as my daughter is half-way through Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress (and is currently curled up on the couch reading as we speak...uh...type *g*) I'm really looking forward to hearing what Tina has to say :-)

Helen said...

Sounds like party time at the Bandits Lair thanks guys this is going to be fantastic.
Have Fun
Helen

TinaFerraro said...

Hey, Beth, I hope your daughter likes the book! It always makes me nervous when I know someone's reading it...

See you all on Friday!

Keira Soleore said...

Awww...thanks, Banditas, for your enormous liquid sacrifices. :) Huge hugs back to you folks, and a round on me in SF! Hopefully, the Marriott there has more than ONE bar and biggers ones at that, so that we can have enough stools for all the Banditas who're going to show up.

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

"A-Rose by Dawn Broke by Noon"

ROFLOL, Joan! What a GREAT name for a color! I'll have to ask for that one next time I'm in for a pedicure.

And no need to be so modest, Tina! Prom Dress is a GREAT READ and I know Beth's daughter is gonna LOVE IT! Please pay special attention to use #5 (I think) about running the dress up the flag pole, as that happened to be your old Aunty's suggestion. And notice I'm not a bit modest about claiming it! PFFT!

AC

Unknown said...

I'm enjoying occassionally coming and hanging out with you ladies! Your writing inspires me

Anna Sugden said...

Thanks so much Susan! So glad!

I'm with Caren - hang out the bar for any reason other than the betterment of the blog and to show off my shoes? Well, maybe *grin*.

Go AC on your suggestion being in Tina's book!

TinaFerraro said...

AC, were you the one who gave me the flagpole use? It's arguably my favorite, you know. Sometimes people ask me to tell them one or two, and it's always the first one I say. I remembered, of course, that I got it from the Looney Binners, but my muddled head had lost its actual creator. But no more! :)

Thanks!