by Anna Sugden
Welcome to the weekend!
It's a funny thing. I write full-time at home and my lovely hubby is retired, so there's no valid reason why we should treat a weekend like a weekend - we could have Monday and Tuesday as our weekend or Wednesday and Thursday. Yet, for some reason, we still treat the weekend like a weekend.
Obviously some things can only be done at that time eg going to a football game, seeing people who work outside the home, seeing kids who are at school, watching the family in their sporting events.
Some things too, we've taken to doing during the week eg going to the cinema or a matinée performance at the theatre, going out for dinner, shopping!
But other things, we still keep for the weekend eg brunch, sleeping late, Sunday roast.
With that in mind, here's a special weekend Quick 5!
1. Do you sleep late on the weekend or are you 'up and at 'em'?
2. Do you have special weekend meals eg Sunday roast, brunch?
3. What's your favourite weekend activity?
4. Is there anything you do on a weekend that you wish you were able to do during the week?
5. If you could have any two days as your weekend, which ones would they be?