Pet Peeves. I'm pretty sure we all have them, those things that just annoy the daylights out of us. While driving home from a trip to Texas a few days ago, this topic popped into my head as a possible blog topic when I witnessed one of the following pet peeves. So, here's my top ten list, in no particular order.
1. When you're in a traffic jam, and people drive up the emergency lane to get to an exit because they think their time is so much more valuable than that of everyone in front of them. Yep, this was the impetus for this blog topic. It's an EMERGENCY lane, people. If you're having a baby or a heart attack, fine, use it. If you're just too impatient to wait your turn, don't.
2. People who throw their garbage out of their car windows. What, you can't wait until you get to the next gas station where they have this miraculous thing called...wait for it... a trash can?
3. Apologies to any smokers out there, but I hate it when smokers stand right next to the doorway of a building they can't smoke in so that I (who am allergic to smoke) have to walk right through the smoke cloud.
4. Hypocrisy, of any stripe.
5. People who talk on their cell phones at the movie theater. Seriously? Go to the lobby if you absolutely must talk to someone. I've paid a gazillion dollars to actually come to the movie theater to see a movie.
6. Drivers who text while driving and nearly crash into my car.
7. People who stand too close to me while we're having a conversation. Personal space, I likes it.
8. Misspellings on signs for businesses or on mailboxes. Most of the time, misplaced apostrophes are the culprits.
9. The rampant sense of entitlement. Really, the world doesn't own us anything, especially if we're lazy.
10. Drivers who take up two parking spaces like their cars are so much more important than all the others in the parking lot. If you're going to do this, at least go to the back of the parking lot to take up more than your share of the space.
Now it's your turn. What are your biggest pet peeves?