Friday, February 19, 2010

Chasing Shadows

posted by Nancy

Today we welcome award-winning romance and urban fantasy author Seressia Glass. Seressia is a voracious reader whose early written works range from an autobiography written on a piece of gum to the first winning essay in the Martin Luther King, Jr., Living the Dream contest. Her books have multiple nominations and several wins in both the Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Awards and the Romance in Color Reviewers' Choice Awards. Her newest release, the dynamite urban fantasy Shadow Chase, earned a 5-star review from Affair de Coeur.


Welcome, Seressia! Who are the hero and heroine of Shadow Blade, and what’s their biggest problem?

The heroine is Kira Solomon. She catalogues ancient artifacts by day, but at night she’s a Shadow Chaser—a paranormal bounty hunter sent after the baddest of the bad, the Fallen, who use humans as their Avatars. The hero is Khefar, a 4,000 year-old Nubian warrior who has been tasked to save a life for every life that he took to avenge his family’s death. Kira can’t touch another human being without killing them and Khefar lives for the day he can die for good and be reunited with his family.

You draw on Egyptian culture for this book. Please tell us about that.

Well, I love ancient Egypt. Any documentary I can watch, exhibit I can see, or book I can get my hands on, I do. I’ve wanted an opportunity to write about my obsession for a while. So having my main characters worship Egyptian goddesses (Kira follows Ma’at, Khefar follows Isis) worked well, and fit into the mythos of the world I created. There will be a lot of Egyptian culture to come, and some African mythos will appear in there too. In fact, the spider god Anansi is an indelible part of the books.

What was the most fun part of writing this book, and what was hardest?

The most fun, of course, was getting to write fantasy with just a touch of romance. The hardest part was writing fantasy with just a touch of romance. To be true to the characters, I couldn’t rush them into a relationship or even into intimacy—a woman who has spent her entire life avoiding contact with people isn’t going to easily fall into bed, even if she has found the one person she can touch with impunity. Trying to switch from a romance author used to writing 3-4 love scenes to an urban fantasy author who needs more action of a different sort was a hard switch to make. I think I did the story justice though.

Can we peek inside?

Kira kept her word, not that it mattered much. Lonnie and some of his friends caught her about half a block from the DMZ, their bikes circling hers. Her Buell could outrun their glorified mopeds easily, even though it was built like a tank and weighed nearly as much. But driving all over the city would do nothing but waste time and gas and make her cranky. They were asking for it and she would be happy to give it to them—but she really didn’t have much time to play.

Going to see Demoz had been a gamble that didn’t pay off as she’d hoped it would. Not only had she wound up with minimal information—that an Avatar was in town looking for something, information that might or might not be connected to Bernie and the dagger—the wager had cost her a couple of spells. Worse, it had cost her time. Every moment she didn’t spend chasing Bernie’s killer was another advantage for whoever had killed him. With nothing else to go on, she’d have to return to the alley and hope Gilead was done with the clean up but had still left enough she could pick up a trail. The sooner she got back to the scene of the crime, the more likely the chances she’d find some sort of lead.

The halflings tried to pen her in as she headed towards Peachtree Street. As if. She’d learned a thing or two from some of the best stunt riders in the country and these idiots were totally amateur. Dropping her visor, Kira bent low over her handlebars, calling her power. Blue light flared from her bare hands, spilling onto the handgrips and down through the frame. It was the only warning she intended to give them. Not her fault if they ignored it.

They ignored it. One of Lonnie’s buddies, grinning and whooping and looking eerily like a hyena, made a grab for the clutch when he got close enough. Her power flared. Hyena-boy’s hand flew in one direction while he and his bike went careening into another.

One down, three to go.

At midnight, North Avenue, which ran east to west, was largely deserted. Smart cops gave the DMZ and its clientele a wide berth—it was just safer and saner that way. The closer they got to Peachtree Street the more likely Normal police would be on patrol.

Kira could see the three remaining bikers in her mirrors, too stupid or too mad at her for embarrassing them in the club to go back for their fallen friend. With her extrasense guiding the bike, she dropped her left hand to tap a panel open and pulled out a modified Glock 19. Normal ammunition didn’t down hybrids permanently and despite her irritation she didn’t want to feed her power to the bullets in order to kill them. Killing required too much paperwork. Being shot still hurt like a bitch no matter what you were and she didn’t mind hurting them at all. “Possible wounding” didn’t entail filling out a form and the hybrids would heal soon enough.

Movement in the right mirror caught her eye; Lonnie had decided to make his move. “Time to end this.”

She pulled the clutch in then hit the front brake. Her body rocked forward as the back of the bike lifted. She felt the sweet spot—the balance point—as Lonnie and his buddy zoomed past her. Jamming her knees into the gas tank, she let the bike roll forward balanced on its front wheel and fired off two rounds left-handed. Both hybrids and their rides slid an impressive distance as she dropped the back tire to the pavement.

Three down, one to go.

She circled around to face the final biker. He’d stopped in the middle of the street, jaw hanging as he stared at the speedbumps his friends had become. She pushed up her visor. “You want some?”

His eyes ping-ponged between her and his fallen buddies. “Screw this!”

He burned rubber turning his bike around to head back toward the DMZ—and crashed into the grill of a huge black SUV with blackout windows that couldn’t have been more conspicuous if its license plate read FEDS. Except it wasn’t the FBI.

The SUV’s passenger and driver’s doors opened simultaneously and two tall men in suits exited onto the street. The Gilead Commission’s version of the Men in Black. They even wore sunglasses and it had to be after midnight and the streetlighting didn’t exactly cause a glare. It made her wonder if there were souls specifically destined for bureaucracy or if it was payment for wrongdoing in a previous life.

They paid no attention to the biker now attached to the front of their vehicle as they walked toward Kira.

She pulled back her extrasense as the suits stopped in front of her. “Took you long enough.”

You had an interesting writing journey to this point. Please tell us about and share your call story--we love those!

Way back in 1997, I sent off a proposal for my very first book, No Commitment Required, to Genesis Press. In March of 1998 I got a request for the full, so I sent that in. In June, I was training a bunch of associates for a new store opening in North Augusta, SC. I was on I-20 driving back across the state line when my then boyfriend called and said I got a letter back from Genesis Press. I asked what size it was and how thick was it. He said letter size, and I immediately thought rejection, but then he said it was thick, so I thought rejection with revisions. I asked him to open the letter and read it to me. Mind you, I am still driving on the highway. I hear, “Ms Glass, We are pleased to accept your manuscript for publication…” I started screaming at that point, managed to swerve off the exit an make it to my hotel, still screaming. I remember calling Emily Sewell and telling her. But my first “call” was actually from my boyfriend, telling me that Genesis Press had sent me a contract for No Commitment Required.

My second call story was from some friends starting up a small press, Parker Publishing. It went something like this: “How would you like to be in an anthology with LA Banks?” My response isn’t for tender ears, but went something like this: “Are you %##!@ kidding me? Hellz yeah!” Luckily they were my friends and forgave me. That was my right turn into paranormal romance, writing “Double Down” for the Vegas Bites anthology.

My third call story again highlights the power of networking. I’d had bits and pieces of Shadow Blade lying about, tinkering when I had the chance. A writer I knew online, Stacia Kane, emailed me one day and asked if I had any urban fantasy style stuff I was working on. I told her yeah, and sent her the beginning of SB. She liked it, we tweaked it and then she told me that she’d mentioned the story to her editor and that I should send it in. I did, and got an email back saying Juno was interested in publishing it. Big news followed by the bigger news that Juno became part of Pocket! So “the call” that got me my first NY deal was all done via email, but a lovelier Christmas present I’ve yet to receive!


The second book in this series, Shadow Chase, is due out in July. Can you tell us a little about it?

In book two, we leave Atlanta for a bit and travel to London and to Cairo. There are more surprises in store for Kira and her team, discoveries that make her question who and what she is.

As a Shadowchaser, Kira Solomon has been trained to serve the Light, dispatch the Fallen, and prevent the spread of chaos. It’s a deadly job, and Kira knows the horror of spilling innocent blood. But now she has a new role, as the Hand of Ma’at, the Egyptian Goddess of Truth and Order, and an assignment that might just redeem her.

A fellow Shadowchaser has gone missing, and so has a unique artifact imbued with astonishing magic. Unless the Vessel of Nun is returned, it will cause destruction beyond anything the modern world has seen. Kira’s got a team at her back, including Khefar, a near-immortal Nubian warrior who’s already died for her once. But as complicated as her feelings for him are, they’re nothing compared to the difficulties of the task she faces. And the only way to defeat the enemy is to trust in a power she can barely control, and put her life—and her soul—on the line.

For more about Seressia and her work, visit her website.

Seressia's giving away a copy of Shadow Blade to a commenter today. So tell us, what's your favorite mythology to see in a story or your favorite movie about Egypt? Or tell us your favorite paranormal team or favorite action-adventure or quest story.

59 comments:

KDSGS said...

Me?

Lydia Smith said...

I definitely want a copy of Shadow Chase! It sounds like a fascinating read. I have not read anything like it. I particularly like the action scenes described in this book.

Gillian Layne said...

Wow! I am hooked, definitely! (Although I had to shudder at a spider god-yikes) My favorite Egyptian books are the Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters. I also love the historical romances set in Egypt by Bonnie Vanak. Of course, I love the Mummy movies with Brendan Frasier. I love bunches of paranormal, but Christina Dodd's Chosen books and Allison Brennan's new Original Sin pop into mind as recent favorites.

Good for you, keeping true to the character's personality and not just throwing love scenes into the mix. I love it when the tension is drawn out, and it certainly seems like there will be plenty in this series. You were blessed with fabulous covers, btw!

I think I know what I'll use my B&N gift card for now. Thanks for introducing me to another great author, Nancy! :)

Seressia said...

Hi all, thanks for stopping by!

@Linda: Thanks, I hope you enjoy it. I've tried to make sure there's plenty of action to balance the introspection. I'd watched some stunt bikers do their tricks a while back and I knew I had to have a character do something like it. Kira obliged me.

@Gillian: LOVE the Mummy series of movies too. Anansi's typical appearance, especially throughout the Caribbean and Southeast, is that of an old man. That's how readers will see him though he does have a couple of spider-like moments during the story.

Blodeuedd said...

I love anything Celtic, there fore the name :D So more of that.

Oh can I choose Stargate, I mean it is Egyptian mythology. Loved that movie

Hellie Sinclair said...

Well...my favorite paranormal quest story is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. (And all Harry Potter in general.) I have also enjoyed the Percy Jackson books so far too (I just started reading them.)

But adult urban fantasy is so much fun! This sounds like an exciting series!! Like a The Mummy meets The Dark Hunters series--very cool. I will definitely have to give them a whirl--I'm encouraged to see urban fantasy that doesn't involve witches or people who kill vampires. (NOT that I'm against those things--it's just nice to see something different on the table!)

I'm always intrigued by books that feature history/mythology about The Knights Templar.

Susan Sey said...

Wow, what great excerpts! I'm going to have to pick up those Shadow books! I'll look forward to your July release Seressia!

As for my favorite paranormal hunters, I have to confess that it's not a genre I normally seek out but I did really enjoy Nora Robert's recent trilogy featuring a witch, a wizard & a vampire. Was it Morrigan's Cross? Hmmm. I"ll have to think. But I'm usually not a fan of vampires and I remember this because it was so unusual in that the vampire aspect wasn't particularly sexy. It was dangerous and burdensome and very, very dark. Horrible, really. Endless solitary confinement. I won't give away the ending but it completely satisfied me.

sigh. I love a good happy ending. :-)

Nancy said...

Drew, congrats on the rooster!

But then you went away? I hope you make it back.

Nancy said...

Hi, Linda==I've just started the book, but it's great. You know I love action!

Nancy said...

Gillian, hi! There are lots of Amelia Peabody fans in the Lair. I liked the early ones more than the later ones (for reasons you know *g*) I have yet to see the mummy movies except for snippets on TV, but they're on my "must rent" list.

Glad you liked the interview. :-)

Nancy said...

Seressia, some famous picture book author did a book about Anansi. I'm not sure who it was, but I think it may've been the late John Steptoe, one of the dh's favorites authors to teach. Neil Gaiman may have used him at one point, but I'm not sure. Unlike Zeus, Anansi doesn't turn up frequently, so this'll be interesting.

Nancy said...

Blodeuedd, you can always pick Stargate if I'm involved in the picking. *g* I stayed up late last night watching an SG-1 re-run I already own.

One of the things I liked about that series was its use of various mythologies, even though they were often warped a bit to fit the series' needs.

I read an interview with Michael Shanks saying there may not be a third SG-1 movie although the script is supposedly written. I'd hate that.

At least Syfy is running a Sanctuary marathon today, so I can get a big dose of Amanda Tapping, but it's just not quite the same.

Nancy said...

Hi, Ms. Hellion--We love Harry Potter, too. The Deathly Hallows will probably end up being the last book we read aloud as a family since the boy now considers himself too old for that. He made an exception for that book because, he said, "We've read them all aloud. We should read this one, too."

And I love urban fantasy. I, too, am excited about this book in part because it's something new and different.

For Knights Templar with a little mysticism, check out Gerri Russell.

Nancy said...

Susan, you know I'm not big into vampires either. Robin McKinley, better known as a YA Newbery Award winner, wrote one of the few vampire books I like--it's often shelved in Horror, a section I otherwise avoid. It's called Sunshine, and the vampires are pretty icky.

Even the hero has his very scary moments. He's the one vampire romantic lead I like, maybe because he's tormented and conflicted and mainly wants to be left alone. And is still pretty much that way, except for his attitude toward the heroine, at the end.

I think it's vampires as studly, confident, glamorous heroes that just don't do it for me. Other people are welcome to enjoy those books, of course. I just don't.

Seressia said...

@MsHellion: I'm fascinated with the Knights Templar as well. Did you see the History Channel special about the possibility of TKT coming to America?

Seressia said...

@Blodeuedd: Celtic mythology is great. I glommed onto Morgan Llywelyn's books, which inspired me to write a medieval irish romance set just after the last big battle between Vikings and Irish. It's still gathering dust I'm afraid, but I love that book.

And Stargate...to borrow a phrase, I loved SG-1 like a fat kid loves cake! I didn't like Corin Nemec;s character all that much, but I did like Ben Browder. Though I knew when he and Claudia Black joined the cast, it meant the series was about to die...and it did.

Louisa Cornell said...

YAY Drew !! You captured that mythical creature the Golden Rooster! Watch your back! And watch your chocolate!

First of all I love your name, Seressia. Very cool and very musical!

I'm a big fan of all things Egyptian as well. Fascinating and mystical. I've been reading everything I can about the DNA results on King Tut. Amazing.

I'm always fascinated by the world-building and/or mythology building one has to do when writing urban fantasy. Do you have the entire mythology planned out for this series or are there some things you've come up with as you went along?

And what a great journey your call stories have lead you on! How long did it take from the near wreck on the highway in Atlanta (scary place to drive under any circumstances) to the e-mail that made your Christmas?

Can't wait to read these books!

Oh, and I loved the movie Stargate and of course The Mummy (with Brendan Fraser and Oded Fehr what's not to love!) And one of my very favorite urban fantasy series is Kim Harrison's great series.

A new series I'm loving is Tracey O'Hara's Dark Brethren series - Night's Cold Kiss is the first one and it is one wild ride!!

Another new one I thoroughly enjoyed is The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay

The one belief system I have made a study of for over 20 years is Voodoo. I started by studying voodoo as practiced here in the United States and I continue to be fascinated by its history and origins. It is a deeply misunderstood religion with an intricate mythology of fascinating characters!

Nancy said...

Seressia wrote: I loved SG-1 like a fat kid loves cake!

LOL! Never heard that before. Why did you see Ben Browder and Claudia Black as the kiss of death? Farscape?

You do go to DragonCon?

Nancy said...

Hi, Louisa--I've enjoyed the Kim Harrison books, too. Great as hardcover is for an author though, it means a reading delay for me. I just can't follow them there, for both budget and space reasons, alas.

jo robertson said...

Hi, Seressia! Welcome to the Lair. Your urban fantasy series sounds fabulous and I can tell from your answers to Nancy's questions that your voice is great!

I love all things Egyptian since traveling there long ago. Kira and Khefar (I hope I'm pronouncing them correctly in my head LOL) sound like a wonderful couple. I love the personal dilemmas you've put them both in.

How did you come up with those ideas?

jo robertson said...

Oops, Drew, have fun with the rooster.

Me, too, Linda! I want a copy of Shadow Chase. Isn't the premise very unique? Since I'm not eligible to win the giveaway, I'll trip over to Amazon and put it on my Amazon order.

jo robertson said...

I'm like you, MsHellion. I like vampire hunters and witches, but I'm ready for something new and different. Seressia's series (wow, that's a mouthful) sounds very intriguing and orginal!

Nancy said...

Hi, Jo--As you know, I'm also more than ready for some different aspects of paranormal. I've started this one, and it's great.

jo robertson said...

That is Morrigan's Cross, Susan. Well, it's the Circle Trilogy, so it might've been one of the other two books by Roberts.

jo robertson said...

Nancy said, "Susan, you know I'm not big into vampires either."

I do like vampire stories, Nancy, ever since I read Bram Stoker's famous novel as a girl. I think what I like is the symbolism of the whole vampire concept. The idea that we're born in blood and water and those two elements are connected to a powerful life force.

Nancy said...

Jo wrote: The idea that we're born in blood and water and those two elements are connected to a powerful life force.

Now, that, I also like! That's seriously cool.

EilisFlynn said...

This sounds wonderfully exotic! I've always wondered why we don't see more Egyptian myth explored -- this sounds like it's a great journey into it. As for my favorite movie about Egypt? Who doesn't like The Mummy (or maybe that's Brendan Frasier we're liking, who knows)?

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Great post, Nancy! Welcome to our Lair, Seressia! Your Shadows series sounds fabulous. Love a woman who can handle herself in a fight!

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Nancy wrote: Seressia wrote: I loved SG-1 like a fat kid loves cake!

LOL! Never heard that before.
...

You really need to have conversations with my sister and son, then, Nancy. That's a favorite saying of both!

Nancy said...

Hi, Karyn/Drew--another vote for The Mummy, which I see Eilis, just after you, also likes.

Nice that you and the GR are having tea, but keep an eye on your valuables. Demetrius found a pawn ticket on him a couple of weeks ago, and we have no idea whose stuff he hocked!

Nancy said...

Eilis, would you believe I have yet to see The Mummy? Rented it once, but life happened, and it had to go back.

Nancy said...

Hey. Suz--Glad you liked the interview! I'm loving the book. Kira definitely can handle herself.

Unknown said...

The excerpt looks great, and add me to the I Love Egypt club! There's a PS2 game, Sphinx, that we have played over and over again, because the egypt mythology is so fascinating. Going to pick this one up.

Seressia said...

Hi Nancy,

I think both Ben and Claudia have spoken of themselves as series killers at a couple of different conventions. I loved them on Farscape, once of the under-appreciated series that SciFi started and then gave up on, like The Dresden Files.

@Louisa: thanks, my grandmother named me, and admonished me to be something, so I'm trying very hard to live up to her expectations of me (except I'm much too wimpy to be a doctor).

I basic mythology of the world is about Universal Balance, Light and Shadow, Order and Chaos. So everyone--humans, hybrids, gods and demons--fall on one side or the other. Most beings on earth fall somewhere in the middle, and it's their actions that determine which way they slide. It means a human can be Shadow-filled and a "demon" can be president of the PTA.

When RWA held their national convention in New Orleans, I might some very nice voudon priestesses. I've since met many others, very nice people, and I do dislike the negative portrayal that comes from lack of understanding. It is possible that Papa Legba and others may make an appearance, and I do plan to put more African dieties into the series.

I do go to DragonCon and from first book to UF has been just over ten years.

Seressia said...

Kira is an composite of several likes for me: Rogue from the X-Men, Lara Croft of Tomb Raider, and Tia Carrere of Relic Hunter, with a healthy dose of Jada Pinkett Smith's character from the Matrix movies. The man opposite her had to be equally tough with an equally angsty or moreso backstory, and since I love ancient Egypt, it wasn't hard to make him a semi-immortal Nubian warrior, keeper of a magical dagger, and spending four thousand years atoning for past sins. I love angst, and the problems these two are going to have to work through and the promises they make to each other drive the series as much as the Shadow fighting does.

Nancy said...

Kathleen, I didn't know you were a gamer! Way cool.

Nancy said...

Seressia, we love DragonCon. It's my total geek-out weekend.

Gerri Russell said...

Seressia, Congratulations on the new series! It sounds fabulous and I'll be definitely be looking for these books. I've always been fascinated by Egypt, the culture, the mythology and the artifacts they've left behind. My husband has humored me on many ~long~ drives to go see mummies that are on tour in certain areas of the country.

Glad to know I'm not alone. :-)

Nancy said...

Gerri, there are some other Amelia Peabody fans here today, too!

Helen said...

Congrats Drew have fun with him

Great interview Ladies these books sound very adventurous to me great stuff.
One of my favourite paranormal series is The Pcy Changeling series by Nalini Singh.

Have Fun
Helen

Nancy said...

Hi, Helen--

Glad you liked the interview.

Nalini Singh has lots of fans in the Lair, as you know.

Anna Campbell said...

Hey, Drew, have you had the chook before? Congratulations! Have a plotting session with him - I speak from experience that he's VERY good at plotting, that wily rooster.

Seressia, welcome to the lair. Nancy, you always bring us very interesting guests! New book sounds wonderful! You got me at ancient artefacts!

Donna MacMeans said...

Shadow Chase sounds great! I love the fact that you've ground the story in Egyptian mythology. That's something of an under-tapped area.

Actually, I think I just like paranormals attached to some sort of mythology or legend - makes it feel more real. I just read a book that used the legends of Avalon and King Arthur - liked that as well.

Thanks for joining us in the lair, Seressia! I'll be looking for your books -

Nancy said...

Anna, isn't that a cool idea for a book?

I'm loving it!

Nancy said...

Donna, I don't know why more writers don't use mythology as a basis. Gena Showalter has certainly done well with the Greeks, as as Sherrilynn Kenyon with a variety.

You're not reading The Mists of Avalon, are you?

catslady said...

I have just begun delving into the genre of paranormal and fantasy and I'm finding it quite fascinating. I enjoyed hearing your call stories and your books sound wonderful. Great titles too!

Lady_Graeye said...

I think Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody books would make a wonderful series of movies. They would be a female version of "The Mummy." By the census here everyone else agrees! :-)

Does anyone write a female version of a pirate?

Nancy said...

Lady Graeye and Karyn, there used to be more women pirates. I'm glad to know about the Shannon Drake.

Lady Graeye, I also think those Amelia Peabody books would be a great movie!

Seressia said...

Thanks again to everyone for stopping by! I'm off work and going to celebrate with a little mental health break commonly known as "getting a pedicure." I'll pop back in later!

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Welcome to the Lair, Seressia! And BIG THANX to Nancy for inviting you!

Sorry I'm late for the party, but your series sounds fascinating. I've been a fan of Ancient Egypt for a very looong time. :-)

We have an excellent museum here in Nor Cal (in San Jose) with a replica of an Egyptian tomb and a couple of REAL mummies and their cases. It was my son's favorite museum back when he was a teen. Also, the last time I was in London, I braved hordes of English school children to stare at all the mummy cases in the British Museum.

ENJOY your pedicure, Seressia! I just got one on Wed. AHHH!

AC

Nancy said...

Hi, AC--

That sounds like a wonderful museum! I'd love to go there sometime. Not a fan of actual mummies, though. I'll leave them to the rest of you.

jo robertson said...

LOL, Nancy, I'm not a fan of mummies per se, either, but you have to admire a culture that had such "modern" techniques of embalming along with their engineering feats.

Seressia, I want to thank you again for visiting us today. I was so excited to see Shadow Blade at my local Borders today, so I bought a copy. I'm very intrigued by the "challenges" you've given your hero and heroine and really look forward to reading it.

Nancy, thanks for bringing Seressia!

Seressia said...

Nancy, you might want to brave a trip to the Carlos Museum on EMory's campus. For $7 you get to see a very extensive collection of sarcophagi (some with mummies inside) as well as some Grecian and Roman artifacts. The also have a nice collection of mezo-American artifacts. It's got to be one of the best deals in town. And it's a beautiful campus, with a very cool pizza joint and bbq place right down the street.

I wanted to thank everyone again for making me feel welcome. It took a bit to realize what you guys were talking about with the golden rooster, but I quickly caught on. Now I'm thinking we need to have a Mummy movie night one day soon!

Nancy said...

Jo, I do respect the Egyptians' many accomplishments. I just don't want to look at some of them. :-)

Nancy said...

Seressia, that sounds like a fabulous museum. And I'm good with sarcophagi as long as the contents aren't on display.

Glad you enjoyed your day with us!

Emily Sewell said...

I remember that phone call, Seressia. What a great day! Sorry to be so late to the party. I can only say that Shadow Chase is absolutely fabulous! Shadow Blade is every bit as good. Lots of action, mythology, and excellent characterization to look forward to in this series.

As you know, I'm a huge fan of Stagate, particularly SG-1, and I love DragonCon. Looking forward to geeking out again this year.

Nancy said...

Hi, Emily! Late is better than never. You have a lot of fellow Stargate fans here. And, of course, at DragonCon.

Llehn said...

My fav paranormal team is Anita Blake and Edward the assassin from the Vampire Hunter series.

Unknown said...

sounds like a interesting book