Sorry, Cindy and everyone, I'll come back and read everything soon! Got some contest judging to do this afternoon.
1) When did you start writing? Or if you've been writing all your life, then when and how did you decide to pursue publication?
As I've said quite often lately - sorry if it's becoming repetitious - I decided to become a writer as soon as I realised what a book was and that I, Karen Schwartz, could write one! My journey to publication then took the rest of my life. Clearly I'm a slow learner!
2) What books/authors have influenced you?
Oh, too many to mention. I was a book kid and I'm slightly obsessive so put the two together and you get quite a graphic picture. Enid Blyton, Barbara Cartland, Kathleen Woodiwiss, Dorothy Dunnett, Loretta Chase, Laura Kinsale, Anne Stuart.
3) Describe your writing process.
Definite pantser! Wish I wasn't. Isn't the most efficient way to proceed.
4) Tell us about your current Work In Progress and what is next for you?5) Any advice for others or personal observations?
Current work in progress is third book for Avon (I hope). I'm pitching it as a Regency noir Affair to Remember. It's another courtesan book although these characters are much older and more cynical than any of the others I've written. They're people who've done everything and seen everything and felt nothing and falling in love is the greatest risk they can take. What do you think? That's my byline when I tell people about it!
5) Any advice for others or personal observations?
Write from your gut. Unless it's hurting, it's not working. Oh, dear, that sounds like I write BDSM books!
Aunty Cindy, you're a marvel and thank you for letting me be involved in this!!!