Saturday, June 2, 2007

Bandits Blog On… Or Preview of Coming Attractions!

posted by Aunty Cindy

Monday June 4th will mark the one month anniversary of Romance Bandits “official” launch! What an exciting first month it has been. According to the Google Analytics data gathered under the watchful gaze of Bandita Caren, we have had over 700 unique visitors from 31 different countries including South Africa, Malaysia, Brazil and Finland to name a few of the more unexpected ones. Yes, it’s true (thanks to a little research and some well-placed emails by Bandita Trish), we’ve even had a visitor from Antartica!

We’ve talked about hunks, inspiration, reading and writing books, and more. We’ve shared secrets, recipes and encouragement, and met a slew of new friends through the comments.

So what’s in the future on the Romance Bandits’ Blog?

Expect more fun contests (and it’s not too late to comment on Jo’s May 31st post and win a Borders gift certificate) with “essential Bandit plunder" like books, gift certs and chocolate. Expect more funny, poignant and thought-provoking posts about writing and life. And expect a few surprises too… like some exciting “First Sale” news by at least one of the Banditas. We’ve also invited some special guest bloggers for the month of June:

On June 4th we’re thrilled to have USAToday best selling author Jacquie D’Alessandro whose latest book Sleepless at Midnight will be available in July.

June 8th the Banditas will welcome Colleen Gleason whose second book in the Gardella Vampire Chronicles, Rises the Night is out in bookstores TODAY!

And on June 27th multi-multi-published author Brenda Novak whose newest release Dead Right (the last book in her “Dead” trilogy) hits stores in August.

Rumor has it that at least one, if not all, of our guests will be giving away autographed books! What’s not to love about free books?

Rumors are also rampant about more great guest bloggers (like Sabrina Jefferies, Janet Mullany and Michelle Buonfiglio) in the not-too-distant future!

And we’d love to hear your ideas on what else you’d like to see on the blog.

We love to share our stories and opinions and generally have fun with all our readers out in the Blogsphere, so VISIT OFTEN and BRING FRIENDS!

Now start up the salsa music and bring out the cute cabana boys with the frosty drinks! It’s another WILD WEEKEND!

11 comments:

Trish Milburn said...

Woohoo, cabana boys! Oops, did I say that out loud? :)

I'm looking forward to all the fun stuff to come.

Anna Campbell said...

Um, yeah, I heard the excited whoop in Oz, Trish! Snort!

Unfortunately, I'm heading away for a few weeks (see everyone in Dallas - another whoop!) so I won't be able to play this weekend. But have a great time. I'm really excited about how the blog has gone in our first month. Especially Antarctica! Congratulations, fellow banditas! And SOOOO looking forward to grilling, um, uh, welcoming our guests.

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Antartica? I'm still trying to figure out how those penquins get internet access.

This past month has been great fun with all the people popping in to say hi and chat with us. Hopefully, it will continue to be a great place to meet and talk about writing, books, and cabanna boys!

Anna Sugden said...

Wow - a month already!

It's been such fun. And how thrilling to see all those wonderful guest Banditas joining us.

Big wave to the penguins in Antarctica and to all our visitors from around the world. Do let us know where you're checking in from.

Helen said...

I love guest bloggers and am really enjoying this blog I visit at least once a day. Jacquie D is a must read author for me I have loved all of her books that I have read so far I only need two more to have all of her historicals Sabrina Jefferies is another favourite of mine as well.All you ladies are so much fun keep up the good work I love visiting and it is really nice to know that there are visitors from all around the world I live in Australia.
Have Fun
Helen

Anna Campbell said...

Hello, Helen! Banditas, be nice to Helen. She has TIM TAMS!!!

Helen said...

I believe Anna has a suitcase full of Tim Tams all ready for Dallas you better get in quick girls or you won't know what you are missing
Have Fun
Helen

Anna Campbell said...

Actually, Helen, you're right - I do have a suitcase full of TTs. I think I'll be wearing them for the awards dinner. Or perhaps I won't be wearing anything because I can't imagine they're going to last until the last Saturday I'm in the US! ;-)

Unknown said...

Wow, happy 1 month birthday fellow banditas! I'm loving this blog, mostly because I could never blog on my own every day without boring the world wide web to death.

I can't wait for all the coming attractions!

Caren Crane said...

I can't believe it's been a month already. Time gets away from you during a party, I suppose.*g*

Suz, the penguins have much more on the ball than you would expect. Just ask Vrai Anna! Also, Aunty C has been known to hang out with penguins and you are well aware what a rabble rouser she is. I'm almost certain she put the penguins up to visiting the Banditas!

Helen, I am looking so forward to my first taste of Tim Tams. I'm just afraid they will be very addictive and I won't be able to get them in North Carolina. :-(

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

oh no, VA! I think Suz and Caren are onto our clandestine penguin parties. (little do they know we meant the Pittsburgh Penguins!)

SNORK!
AC