A while ago, fellow Bandita Donna MacMeans tagged me to share eight random facts about myself (see, Donna, I didn't forget *g*) So here goes:
1. I have a very large family. Between my husband and I we have 7 sisters, 3 brothers (and various in-laws) 30 nieces and nephews and 28 great-nieces and nephews -- not to mention our own 3 kids. Holiday gatherings are interesting to say the least ;-)
2. I've never read the Harry Potter books. I know, you're all gasping in shock, right? I meant to and since I adore the movies, I really want to, but I just...haven't. Maybe I can make that into a summer reading goal *g*
3. Another shocking random fact: I don't like the Wizard of Oz. I've never admitted it for fear of public humiliation but that movie scares the panties off of me. Those flying monkeys are freaky (shudder).
4. I love trying new things and/or going to new places even if it's just a local restaurant I've never been to before. So in the spirit of I Want To Try Something New, I've decided to try all varities of Samuel Adams beer (I think there's 21). I'm not even crazy about beer but when I saw the commercial I thought "Hey! Something new to try!" and haven't been able to get the idea out of my head *g*
5. I'm extremely stubborn. Once I get an idea in my head that I want to do something, it's almost impossible to dislodge no matter how illogicial or impractical it may be. (See above)
6. I have a love/hate relationship with my gas grill (if it's possible to even have a relationship with a gas grill). I love it because really, to me, food just tastes better cooked outside on the grill *g* I hate it because...well, let's just say that we have a history that includes a small explosion, a tiny fire ball and singed hair and eyelashes. Which is why you're supposed to lift the lid BEFORE you light the darn thing so the gas doesn't build up and the lid doesn't just sort of EXPLODE open (No matter what my husband says it was a very small explosion. Sort of like a mini-explosion.) and singe your hair and eyelashes. (In my defense, this happened 15 yrs ago when I was a young, brand new mother. I blame sleep deprivation).
7. My newest addiction is Sunny Seed Drops chocolate sunflower nuts. Basically, chocolate covered sunflower seeds (no shells). So yummy and the chocolate is colored so they're pretty too!!
8. I'm one of those annoying people who is always humming or singing. Doesn't matter where I go or what I'm doing. And I also have a weird memory. I forget to pick up milk but I have the lyrics to what seems like a gazillion songs memorized *g*
Okay, that's it! More than you ever wanted to know about me :-) Thanks for the tag, Donna!!