... by our very own Donna. Apparently I need to tell you eight random facts about myself and then tag some unsuspecting victims ... um, friends.
So, here goes:
1. I used to volunteer for the American Red Cross when I lived in Virginia; helping out on the Blood Mobiles. Though I was trained in CPR and First Aid, I tended to minister tea and biscuits for those donating.
2. Another of my volunteering gigs was as a dj for hospital radio station - Radio Driffield. I used to host a Staurday morning show called The Lunchbox, that went out to the local hospital and some nursing homes.
3. To keep fit, I box. Yes, box. (note, my trainer doesn't hit me and I hit his mitts and body armour, not him!) It's a wonderful way to keep fit and it's a great exercise for both the body and mind. My trainer is a former New York Golden Glove champion.
4. I hate my birthstone - peridot. It' reminds of that Yorkshire 'delicacy', mushy peas. Instead, I love opals, fire opals and tanzanites and have adopted them as my stones.
5. One of my life ambitions was to mush with huskies. On our Alaskan cruise, my husband and I got to fly up onto one of the glaciers and mush! (see picture)
6. I have met the Queen, Prince Phillip and Princess Anne and had tea with the Queen Mother at St James' Palace.
7. My favourite chocolate is Cadbury's Dairy Milk. Only the real stuff, made in England, will do. Oh, and if anyone can find Caramac bars ... send them my way! They are yummy caramel flavoured 'chocolate' bars.
8. I collect penguins - have over 400 in various guises, from clothing to ornaments to kitchen utensils and even a radio. No, I don't have a real one. At one stage, I did look into adopting one at London Zoo. But they went very quickly and had a long waiting list. Who knows ... maybe one day ...
Now for my tagees: over to you ... Terri Garey, Janice Lynn, Stacey Kayne, Cheryl Wilson, Jeanne Pickering Adams, Caren Crane, Kate Carlisle and one of our regular blog commenters Keira. You can post on your own blogs or in the comments section of my post.