Recently, my Bandita mate Donna MacMeans "tagged" me on her Pink ladies blog. Being new to the world of blogs and such, I had not heard about it. Having spent the past few days dredging my mind for 8 facts about ME...and worried that I might indeed be a boring person....I now understand why some say "Ugh."
As per Donna's post, here are the rules. Anyone that I tag at the end of it remember....I still love you!
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about herself.
2. People who are tagged write a post about their own eight random things and post the rules.
3. At the end of the blog, the person has to tag eight people and post their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Random Facts about Joan
1. I've always wanted to learn how to play the banjo.
2. I've won over 100 ribbons for baking cakes/cookies at the Kentucky State Fair (reference "nanny nanny poo poo" post.)
3. My favorite flower is the tulip. When I bought my house I paid premo bucks for Holland grade bulbs, in coordinating colors and planted them strategically around my house.
4. I own a 3 foot, glow in the dark rosary. My 4th grade teacher was an entrepreneur with connections to the religious paraphernalia syndicate. I've never found a use for it but kudos to Sr. Anthony for talking me into buying it!
5. My favorite movie is STEEL MAGNOLIAS. I have most of the dialogue memorized but my favorite line is "There is no such thing as natural beauty." Amen, Truvy (says Joan who went to the salon today to get the works in anticipation of attending her goddaughter's beach wedding)
6. I own 15 different shades of OPI pink nail polish. Color of the day: Holy Pink Pagoda.
7. I drove over 600 miles around Ireland two years ago and only lost one hubcap and missed by THIS much running over an Irish road worker down in a ditch. It was kind of interesting being cursed in Gaelic. LOL
8. I have a bridge phobia. I can ride across but cannot drive across. On the rare occasion I have, I managed to do it by having my passenger talk to me about anything. It was not the best crossing with my brother insisted on talking about MY PHOBIA while I went across.
Now tag to Renee Halverson, Sara Reinkes, Robin Nevitt and Lisa Tapp