It’s nearly that time of the year – People’s Choice Awards, the Golden Globes, SAG Awards, and finally the Academy Awards – the time when various organizations vote for their favorite movies, television shows, actors, and directors, among others.
I thought it’d be fun to see how many of us can match the following famous lines to the movies they came from. I’ve listed ten quotes and a picture from the film. See how many you know. I’ll post the answers at the end of the day and one random, lucky commenter will receive a $10 Amazon gift certificate, just for giving it a try.
1. "I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"
2. "Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"
5. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."
6. "What we've got here is failure to communicate."
7. "Get your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"
10. -- "I feel the need..."
Finally, for those who don't want to play that game, what's your favorite movie based on a book? Gone with the Wind? Silence of the Lambs? Which do you think was better, the movie or the book?
Announcement Alert: Nancy's bringing us another guest on January 26! Jessica Andersen, who started writing fiction after earning a Ph.D. in genetics, broke into fiction with a Harlequin Intrigue, DR. BODYGUARD, which was a Romantic Times Top Pick. Later, research on pre-Colombian serpent worship led her to the Mayan End Time countdown and inspired the Nightkeepers and the Novels of the Final Prophecy. Join us in welcoming Jessica on January 26!