The other day I was on iTunes when I discovered the most magical of all those magic buttons: Songs for only 69 cents! I ordered a bunch including Cherry, Cherry by Neil Diamond, Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve and Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band.
There were many songs from the 60s and 70s but when I asked my husband if he wanted me to download Sister Golden Hair by America, (a song we've been known to just start singing - yes, we often break into songs at our house. Up until a few years ago, my kids thought every family burst into song during conversations *g*) he laughed and told me he'd heard that song so often during the 70s, he'd prefer not to hear it again.
Unless we're singing it, of course *g*
All of which got me thinking about those songs I once loved but now...well...if I hear them now, I tend to clap my hands over my ears and run from the room hoping beyond hope the tune won't get stuck in my head. You know the ones - songs that were overplayed on the radio or on MTV or VH1. Songs we played over and over and OVER again when we were teenagers - which for me would be The Police's Synchronicity, Heart's Bad Animals and Def Leppard's Pyromania :-)
And since we all know how much I love a good list, I thought today I'd give you my:
Top Five Songs I Used to Love But Now Wish I Never Had to Hear Again!
1. Hotel California by The Eagles.
2. Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin. Oh, how I love Led Zeppelin! Adore them! Worship them, even! And I used to love this song. Until I listened to it about a bazillion times in Jr. High School *sigh*
3. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. I blame this one on Wayne's World *g* Now, the only time I can listen to this song is when I'm watching the hilarious parody video my son and his friends made of when Wayne, Garth and their friends drive around town :-)
4. Sweet Child O' Mind by Guns 'n Roses.
5. Jeremy by Pearl Jam. Great song. Great band. I've just heard it too many times.
So, there you have it. A very short list *g* All are great songs, all are songs I once couldn't get enough of...until I had enough of them ;-)
Do you have any songs you used to love but have heard so many times you can't listen to them again?