Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Sumptuous Month Ahead: September's Coming Attractions

Welcome to September! The change of seasons, Back-to-School, and the month that many Bandits climb out of their writing caves, having spent months on deadline. I do expect a lot of wild exhilaration this month! Exhilaration, and some fabulous guests!

On Friday, 2nd September, debut author M.J. Scott visits us to talk about the first book in her Half-Light City series, SHADOW KIN. M.J.’s giving away a copy of SHADOW KIN to one lucky commenter.








What better place to debut a book about shapeshifters who shift into dragons? On Sept 6th, Suzanne interviews brand new paranormal author Karilyn Bentley about Magical Lover. Ermmengaurde won't be the only one to fall for this book!







On Friday, 9th September, historical author Ashley March swings by to chat about her second historical romance, ROMANCING THE COUNTESS. Look out for fun and prizes!


On September 12th, Cassondra and Dianna Love will babysit Feenix, the two-foot tall pet gargoyle who can fly, breathe fire, and thinks steel lug nuts are the yummiest snack ever. Sven better make sure the fire extinguishers are ready.


On the 16th, Katharine Ashe returns to chat with Nancy about In The Arms Of A Marquess.

September 19th, Alison Henderson visits to talk about A Man Like That; Weston, Missouri, 1866

Jessamine Randall, fearless crusader and champion of the downtrodden, is not a woman to be left waiting at the altar. When her fiancé disappears hours before their wedding, the ever-resourceful Jessy hatches a plan to track him down and bring him back where he belongs.

Morgan Bingham knows he’s
no good. Never has been. Never will be. A former outlaw is no fit husband for the only daughter of the town judge, despite her misguided notions. Besides, after ten long years away from home, it’s time to return to the hills and face his demons.

Ill-prepared, but armed with unshakeable certainty, Jessy follows Morgan to his family’s cabin deep in the Ozark Mountains where she’s sucked into a whirlpool of deep secrets and old hatreds. While she struggles to bring light and hope into their dark lives, her greatest challenge is Morgan himself. Can she ever convince him he’s worthy of love?

On the 21st, Barbara Monajem and Nancy chat about juggling historical and contemporary books. They'll also discuss Barbara's paranormal romance, Tastes of Love and Evil.

Kathleen Eagle will be blogging about heroes on horseback and her new book release, One Brave Cowboy, from Special Edition on the 27th.


~*~*~*~*~*~

To celebrate the British release of THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF GHOST ROMANCE, an anthology that includes Anna Campbell’s long short story “The Chinese Bed, Anna’s giving away three copies of the anthology in her current website contest. All you need to be in the draw is email Anna on anna @ annacampbell.info (no spaces) and tell her where “The Chinese Bed” is set. You just might find the answer here: http://annacampbell.info/chinesebed.html For more information, please visit Anna’s contest page: http://annacampbell.info/contest.html


What a great month!! As we kick it off, why don't you share your favorite thing about September with us.

20 comments:

Anna Campbell said...

Ooh, I got da chook! No Tim Tams at my place, chooky dook. Bwahahahaha!

Wow, what a great month we've got ahead of us. Thanks for putting this up, Tawny.

I LOVE September. It's the first month of spring for us and this year it seems to have hit with a bang. Beautiful flowers everywhere. Birds singing at ungodly hours of the morning. Beautiful sunny weather. All good!

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Congrats on the GR, Fo. Though without any TimTams at your place, he may be hopping the first bus to Sydney and Barb & Helen! ;-)

Another GREAT month in the Lair! After looking at that line-up, I can't think of anything to add.

My favorite thing about September is that it was the month I got "the Call." Also the month I quit my Dreaded Day Job! Definitely a month for me to celebrate.

AC

Jane said...

Congrats on the GR, Anna.

Happy September. My favorite thing about September is Fall TV. I'm looking forward to the return of my favorite shows and the new ones debuting.

Sonali said...

Oh wow...love the september line-up. It's awesome!

September is filled with birthday's for me. It's a yay and boo month. Yay because i get to eat heaps of chocolate cakes (i think GR's going to love that) and boo because i'm going to end up spending a small fortune on presents.

Sheree said...

Congrats on the GR, Anna!

What a lineup! Can't wait!

September is when all the kids go back to school so traffic is back to normal. It's also the start of the holidays (there are no holidays in August).

Mary Preston said...

A fabulous month of reads ahead.

hrdwrkdmom aka Dianna said...

Favorite thing for me is the cooler temps and the fall colors that begin to show.

Great line up for September

Helen said...

You have him Anna what are you going to make him do LOL and guess what no Tim Tams left at my place either till I shop tomorrow

Whoo Hoo another fantastic month in the lair I just love visitng here.

Spring is starting to show here in Sydney won't be long and I will be complaining of the heat LOL

Have fun
Helen

Anna Sugden said...

What a great month ahead - more authors to tempt the TBR mountain ... though these days, I'm purchasing more ebooks, which hides the mountain rather nicely!

September is always a lovely month, here in England. The weather is nice and warm, the leaves are beginning to turn and there is an abundance of veggies in the allotment and garden. Football is underway and we're edging ever closer to the hockey season!

Unknown said...

look after him Anna... I saw a TV add the other day and they now have white choc tim tams LOL

As Anna says we are going into spring and they weather is warming up although we do have a lot of greenery all through winter but a lot of the flowers are starting to show

What a great month we have ahead... looks like more books for the TBR pile LOL

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the GR, Anna! I hope he's just as excited about September as all of us here. Great line-up!

Susan Sey said...

Boy. I am looking forward to September! Thanks for the great line up!

Pat Cochran said...

Great schedule for this month!

September is 1 b-day as opposed to 10
for family/friends in August! It's
school for 9 of our 10 grandchildren.
Hopefully it will be a break in the
spirit-breaking drought & vegetation
-killing triple digit temps here in
Texas. Rain is predicted beginning
tomorrow, please let it happen!!

Pat C.

RFTC Blog said...

Well September is my favorite months because it's my birthday month. Also, all of the good tv shows come back on tv in September, so yay!

jo robertson said...

Thanks for showing us this great September lineup, Tawny.

My second book in the Bigler County Romantic Thriller series is also going to be available this month. My launch party is September 18!

catslady said...

Oh a great line up!
For me it's because today is my mom's 89th birthday!! She still lives on her own and doing wonderful!!

Kate Carlisle said...

Can't believe it's September already! And what a fabooolus month it will be here in the Lair! Thanks for posting, Tawny!

I've just climbed out of the cave for a few days and I'm so happy to see my fellow cave dwellers out and about too!

I love the change of seasons, too. But in my world along the Southern California coast, autumn usually means that the warm weather is about to begin. Summer is cooler with a marine layer almost every morning. In fact, I had a sweater on this morning. Crazy!

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend! Especially you and the chookie, Fo!

LilMissMolly said...

My 2nd daughter Clare was born on Sept. 10th. She shares my passion for historical fiction! :)

M.J. said...

I'm with Anna, I love September because it means Spring here in Oz. My fave time of year. Plus my birthday is in September!

Mary Preston said...

I'm another Australian who says HURRAH!! for September. Winter is always so dull & miserable - weather wise. My front yard is full of hundreds of flowering freshias peeping up through the lawn. Spring IS here!!