Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Addison Fox Has Warriors In The Stars...

interview with Suzanne
**sensing a little deja vu? I had a bit of a brain fart yesterday and managed to post this a day early! Ack...too much wine and too little sleep over the weekend! But yes Addison is visiting us today!!**

I met Addison Fox years before she sold her first book, Warrior Ascended. There was something special about this woman with her contagious smile and always positive attitude. So when she sold her first book to Signet, along with the whole Sons of the Zodiac series, I was thrilled. Now, I'm even more thrilled to welcome my good friend back to tell us about the second book in her series!

Suz: Welcome back to the Lair, Addison! And thank you for writing the very sexy, WARRIOR AVANGED! For those who haven’t had a chance to pick up the first book in your Sons Of The Zodiac series from Signet, can you give them a brief overview of the series premise?

Addison: Thanks so much for having me back in the Lair! I love visiting with the Banditas!!

Millennia ago, the goddess of justice, Themis, created a race of fierce warriors, each imbued with a special power of the zodiac and charged with protecting humanity from the evils of the world.

Suz: We met the hero of this book, Kane Montague, in the first book, Warrior Ascended. What is his sign and how does that first encounter play into Warrior Avenged?

Addison: Kane is my Scorpio warrior and for those of you who read WARRIOR ASCENDED, you know that Kane was burned in book one by a fellow secret agent at MI-6. The fact that said agent is the delectable female spy, Ilsa…AND the fact that she burned him at a *most* indelicate moment is the set up for WARRIOR AVENGED. Kane’s out for revenge – even as he can’t wait to get his hands on her again!

Suz: Mmmmmmm, love me my Scorpios. (By the way, we Scorpios are very sexy…hehehe). Uhm. So, yeah Ilsa was an interesting name for your heroine to use, but it isn’t her first cover name, is it?

Addison: Ilsa actually has three names (Adrasteia, Nemesis and Ilsa) and each ties to her backstory and what’s brought her to the point in time where the book starts. I love this heroine – she’s the most flawed, challenged heroine I’ve ever written and I had so much fun writing her and wringing as much emotion out of her as I could.


Suz: Kane isn’t just any warrior, he’s a warrior with a major problem. What is it and how does it affect his abilities?

Addison: Three centuries ago, Kane went up against a very dark sorcerer who found a way to turn Kane’s scorpion against him. The scorpion’s venom lives in his system and rises each year when the Antares star is at its zenith in late May. Antares is the brightest star in the Scorpius constellation and it was one of those fun little elements I found as I did research for the story.

Suz: How do you see the Zodiac Warrior’s war with Enyo progressing throughout the series?

Addison: I’m actually having a ton of fun with that part. Although the warriors and Enyo are all very clear characters in my mind, how their battle is going to play out is still a work in progress for me. Certainly, I expect the stakes to continue to rise and the battles to get more fierce, but exactly what form that is going to take is part of the fun for me!

Suz:  Have you met the hero who will step forward for the next book in this series?

Addison: Not only have I met him, but my readers have met him too! The hero of WARRIOR BETRAYED, which is the third book in the series out next May, is my Taurus warrior, Quinn Tanner. As Kane’s story finishes up, Quinn’s got some baggage he needs to overcome. His stubborn Taurus personality has put some distance between he and his brothers and he’s going to spend much of WARRIOR BETRAYED looking to atone for that.

Suz: And do you have any news for us in regards to the future of Addison Fox? (Girl, you know you want to tell everyone!)

Addison: Thank you for letting me share my news!!!! (Of course I want to tell!!!)

I am so excited to continue writing the Sons of the Zodiac series for NAL/Signet Eclipse. I’m also very excited to announce that I will be writing a contemporary trilogy for them set in Alaska. Here’s a quick blurb on the first book:

THE BACHELOR GAME, set in a small Alaska town whose three matriarchs, in a not-so-secret ploy to get their grandsons happily married off, host an annual contest that teams the town’s rugged bachelors with women from the Lower 48.

I’m working on that right now and it’s due out late 2011.

Thank you so much for having me today. I am so looking forward to visiting with everyone in the Lair!!!

Suz: Addison will be giving away a signed copy of WARRIOR ASCENDED to one lucky commenter.

58 comments:

Deanna said...

Hooray!!!

Deanna said...

I have to admit that I've never heard of this series before and it sounds positively fascinating. After I write this I'm going straight to the Amazon site to check it out.

pjpuppymom said...

Hi Addison! I'm looking forward to starting this series. As you know, Gannon has been raving about it since the release of the first book.

How exciting that you're also going to have a contemporary trilogy set in Alaska! I love the sound of it! Did you travel there to do the research?

pjpuppymom said...

Congrats, Daz!

Helen said...

Well done Daz I am sure he is going to love the weather at the moment have fun with him

Addison
These books sound totally awesome I really must get them and the new contempory also sounds great
whoo hoo.

It must be great to have an imagination and write these stories I so enjoy going to other worlds and meeting great characters along the way.

Congrats Addison and thanks Suz for inviting Addison back

Have Fun
Helen

SiNn said...

ive been wanting to read this series so bad i had to request the local lib to buy the firstbook so i could read it they ordered it anbd someone else checked it out ahead of me is like crap! have tow ait now lol

awesome post congrats on the next in the book

Gannon Carr said...

Hey, Addison! You know how I love those Warriors, and I look forward to each and every book!

Love the sound of you contemporary trilogy, too! Alaska is such a great setting.

Anna Sugden said...

Welcome back, Addison - great to see you here.

I can see I'll have to pick up the next in your Warrior series.

Love the sound of your new contemporary series! I'm a big fan of contemps and love to hear that we're getting more of them!

I'm intrigued to know how you manage an over-arching story arc that spans 12 books! I find it complicated enough with a three book series! Any tips?

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Just so everyone knows, I kept the comments from yesterday for today's blog...

note to self...drink less wine when with my writing buddies!!

Kim in Baltimore said...

Aloha! Still on a high after watching the trhilling (but nostalgic) reboot of Hawaii Five-O premiere.

And what's funny is your book titles would apply to several plot themes from tonight's show ... thus demonstrating that fierce warriors using special powers to protect mankind is a timeless story!

Your covers are gorgeous - looking forward to reading your books!

Maureen said...

I hadn't heard of this series but I like the idea of using the zodiac and the characteristics assigned to each sign in the personality of the hero. I'm wondering if each sign gets their own story.

Susan Sey said...

Wow, Addison, this sounds like a really wonderful and complexly plotted series! I can't wait to get my hands on your Warriors! I mean your books about warriors. (jeez that sounded bad)

Best of luck!

Addison said...

Daz:

Thanks for visiting and for your very kind words! And congrats on the first post! :-)

Addison

Addison said...

PJ-

So great to visit with you again!

Unfortunately I haven't been to Alaska yet, but I'm really hoping to change that. I think it is an absolutely gorgeous setting and I'm having a blast working on the first book.

Addison

Addison said...

Helen:

Thanks for visiting!

I am having so much fun with the world of my warriors. Part of the enjoyment is that the books are set in the modern world as we know it, hidden away.

It's so much fun juxtaposing these very alpha males who've lived for millennia with life in the early 21st century.

Addison

Addison said...

SiNn-

Thanks for visiting and for supporting the library! As a lifelong reader, there is just this awesome feeling to think I have a book sitting in someone's library!! :-)

Enjoy the book!
Addison

Addison said...

Gannon!!!

Thanks for stopping by and for all your support.

And thanks for your kind words on Alaska. I feel so fortunate that NAL is supporting me with both series!

Addison

Addison said...

Anna:

So great to *see* you again!!

I'm really excited about the contemporary series, too. As I said in my post to Gannon, I feel so fortunate NAL is supporting me in both genres and allowing me to stretch my creativity in different directions.

In terms of the warriors, there is their broader battle with Enyo (the goddess of war) which forms the backdrop of the story, but one of the things I love about the concept is that each warrior's journey stands alone.

I always say I'm a reader first and I love diving into a new series, but I also wanted to make sure each book could be read independently. For me, the broader, millennia's old battle between the warriors and Enyo created large enough stakes to keep the threat to their happiness real and interesting, but broad enough to take each book in the right direction for each hero.

Whew! That's a windy answer this Tuesday morning!! :-)

Addison

Addison said...

Suz:

My thanks to you and Banditas for having me today! And since I was drinking that wine with you, girlfriend, I completely understand!! :-)

XOXO
Addison

Addison said...

Kim:

Aloha!

That's great news on Hawaii 5-0. I've seen some great buzz about the show but missed it last night. I'll have to go online and give it a go!

Thanks for your kind words on the covers. I love, love, love what the art department has done with the covers. And the cover models.....oh my!! :-)

Addison

Addison said...

Maureen:

Thanks for visiting.

I hope all the warriors get their own book. I'm currently under contract through the fourth book in the series, but I've got character sketches and broad stories for all the heroes (and their heroines!)

Addison

Addison said...

Thanks, Susan!

And I know EXACTLY what you meant...I'd like to get my hands on the warriors too! :-)

Congratulations to you on the release of MONEY, HONEY. I picked it up a few weeks ago and it's calling to me from my bookshelf...it's my reward when I finish revisions!!

Addison

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Hey Daz! Congrats on getting the GR...a day early? :)

Addison's Sons of the Zodiac series is wonderful! I already can't wait for the next one!!

By the way, if you click on the WARRIOR AVENGED picture in the blog, it should take you directly to Amazon to order the book!

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Hey PJ!

I'm with Gannon on raving about this series! Addison did such a great job in the world building of it in book one, not to mention all the hunky guys she's introduced in both it and this book! Yummo!!

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Hy Helen!

Congrats Addison and thanks Suz for inviting Addison back

No problems! Addison has been a big supporter of the Bandits even before this series was sold, and with such great books and heroes in coming in the future, I imagine we'll have her visiting quite a bit!

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Sinn:ve been wanting to read this series so bad i had to request the local lib to buy the firstbook so i could read it they ordered it anbd someone else checked it out ahead of me is like crap! have tow ait now lol
OMG, that just isn't right! :) You should've had first dibbs!

Minna said...

Oh, more books I need to add on my TBB list.


By the way, Mills and Boon is offering again some ebooks for free:
http://www.everyonesreading.com/

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Hey Gannon!
You know how I love those Warriors, and I look forward to each and every book! Me too! I was especially revved to read this one since it was MY scorpio hero! She did him proud!!

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Hey Anna!

Love the sound of your new contemporary series! I'm a big fan of contemps and love to hear that we're getting more of them!

I've loved this series idea since the moment Addison told me about it! Like you, I'd love some more contemporary romances to read.

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Hey Kim!

Still on a high after watching the trhilling (but nostalgic) reboot of Hawaii Five-O premiere.

Oh Man, I had to miss the premiere. My hubby was watching football and I was dvr-ing Castle. Can only DVR one show if we're watching something else. Will have to watch on cbs.com

So...it was good, huh?

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Hey Maureen!

I hadn't heard of this series but I like the idea of using the zodiac and the characteristics assigned to each sign in the personality of the hero

Isn't that the coolest idea? She swore me and some other friends to secrecy until the series book 1 was turned in. Too cool!!

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Hey, Susan!

I can't wait to get my hands on your Warriors! I mean your books about warriors. (jeez that sounded bad)

Uhm, a little freudian slip, Susan? hehehe And girl, I'd LOVE to get my hands on Addison's warriors!

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Addison:My thanks to you and Banditas for having me today! And since I was drinking that wine with you, girlfriend, I completely understand!! :-)

We did have a great time, didn't we? I think I slept through most of Monday!! hehehe

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Hey Minna!

The Bandits are always happy to add to your TBB list!! Especially great reads by great authors like Addison.

Minna said...

Seal - You Get Me (Feat. Anna Eriksson)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSJV1SLrw-c

Ähtäri's "Yogi" bear:
http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2010/09/ahtaris_yogi_bear_rises_to_stardom_1988706.html

http://yle.fi/ecepic/archive/00348/_ht_ri_m_rri_mimmi_348259b.jpg

Gannon Carr said...

Suz, Kane was a great Scorpio, but I'm waiting for my Aries warrior's (Grey) story. Yeah, baby!

Jo Davis said...

Hi Addison!

Your new Zodiac release sounds awesome! I can't wait to dive in to my copy for a few hours of a yummy hero fix. :) Congrats on the Alaska trilogy also--THE BACHELOR GAME sounds like wonderful fun!

Keep up the great writing, girlfriend!

Becke Davis said...

Hi Addison! *waves madly* It was great to meet you this year!

If you write it, I will read it!

catslady said...

Oh, my goodness - you have some of the best covers ever. I definitely would pick these books up. They sound as exciting as they look!

Anna Campbell said...

Hey Daz, congrats on the rooster!

Addison, welcome to the lair. And congratulations on all your success. Suz, you bring us only the most interesting of guests!

Tracy Garrett said...

Hey Addison!!
I'm so looking forward to reading WARRIOR AVENGED. My autographed copy is on the top of my tbr pile, waiting to be devoured. I loved, loved, loved WARRIOR ASCENDED.

Addison said...

Minna:

Thanks for visiting!! And thanks for the tips on the ebooks!

Addison

Addison said...

Gannon:

I am anxious to write Grey's story, too. He's dark and angsty and has some very hidden depths no one knows about yet.

That said, his story's still cooking a bit! :-)

Addison

Addison said...

Jo:

Thanks for visiting!!! Miss you, girlfriend!

And thanks for the congrats on the Alaska series.

Addison

Addison said...

Becke:

***WAVING BACK***!!!!!

It was so great to meet you this year and I hope we have a chance to get together soon. Thanks for all your support!!

XOXO,
Addison

Addison said...

Becke:

***WAVING BACK***!!!!!

It was so great to meet you this year and I hope we have a chance to get together soon. Thanks for all your support!!

XOXO,
Addison

Addison said...

Catslady:

Thanks for visiting and for your lovely comments on the covers. I feel so fortunate - the 'cover gods' have been very good to me!

Addison

Addison said...

Anna:

Thanks for your lovely note and the warm welcome. I absolutely love visiting with the Banditas and was so excited to hang out with everyone today!

Addison

Addison said...

Tracy:

Hey girlfriend!! Thanks for popping in - I so enjoyed seeing you this past weekend! The time goes by way too fast, but it's always time most wonderfully spent!

Hugs,
Addison

chey said...

Hi Addison,
You are a new to me author. Your series sounds fantastic!

Kathy Ivan said...

Hey Addison

Doing the muppet flail here!! I am so excited about this book. I've been waiting sooo patiently. :-) And I am not a patient person when it comes to books I want to read.

Looking forward to hearing more about the Alaska Trilogy, too. It sounds like my kind of read.

Congratulations on all the success. Keep those books coming (and I'll keep reading 'em).

Anonymous said...

Ilsa sounds great and Quinn Tanner piques my interest. I better start the series ASAP!

cories5[at]hotmail.com

Addison said...

Chey:

Thanks so much for your note! I hope you enjoy the warriors!! :-)

Addison

Addison said...

Kathy:

Well then, girlfriend, you and I can flail together! I am SO EXCITED to get my hands on your release next week - DESPERATE CHOICES! I've got the book on pre-order and my Kindle's primed and ready!!! :-)

Addison

Addison said...

Karyn:

Thanks so much for the good wishes. The warriors are so much fun to write - I feel so incredibly lucky to be given the opportunity to bring them to readers!!

Addison

Addison said...

Cories5:

Thanks for visiting! I had so much fun with Ilsa. I know I mentioned it in the blog post, but she is - hands down - the most challenging heroine I've ever written. I really had a good time not only redeeming her but also making sure she KNEW how redeemable she really was!

And Quinn....oh my (fanning myself...) - he's big, bad and brawny and love is SO taking him down!!! :-)

Addison

Pat Cochran said...

Hi, Ms. Addison,

You're a new-to-me author. After
reading your post, I find myself
looking forward to reading your
works! Good Luck!!

Pat Cochran

Addison said...

Thanks, Pat!!

I hope you enjoy the Warriors!! :-)

Addison