Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Can You Keep An Eye On These Guys?

by Suzanne

As you know the annual Romance Writer's of America National Conference is taking place this week in New York City. I'm really excited to be going this year. It's only my second trip to New York. I get to see many of the Romance Bandits, some of our Bandit Buddies who hang out with us here, my critique partner Sandy Blair who no long lives near me, and this year I get to meet my editor, Jillian Bell, of Ellora's Cave Publishing. How cool is this?


This will be my second year there as a published author and my first as a PAN member. (That stands for Published Author's Network.) So I'll get to learn the secret handshake (Kate Carlisle PROMISED me there was one) and hear all the publishing news at special workshops, (do they have those at the bar?).

But while I'm gone I'm hoping y'all can give me a hand with something. See, I have these guys on my website who have a tendency to get a bit out of hand in a naughty, very sexy sort of way... Well, here, let me show you...
Quinn Halliday, the Dominant hero in my book, The Surrender of Lacy Morgan

Dakota O'Keefe, the second hero in The Surrender of Lacy Morgan

Will Danville, the hero of my second book, which is in the works right now


and soon to come
Ian Smith aka Ian Smythe, Lord Brookstone
And
Nicco DeCosta, the fiery Italian brother

LIKE?

Yeah, I do too! My friend, Kat Baldwin,  www.katbaldwin.com 
did the designs and I'm proud to give her a shout out. You should see the backs.

Oh wait, I didn't tell you, did I? (Can you blame a girl for getting distracted by all this lovely maleness?)

These are the fronts of my new Romance Trading Cards!!! The backs are way cool and give you a feel for what these guys are all about. If you e-mail me @ suzanne@suzanneferrell.com and send me your snail mail addy, I'll happily send you a set! Or if you're at the conference this week, you might pick up a set at the goody room! Supplies will be limited...intentionally!! hehehe

22 comments:

Jane said...

Those trading cards are lovely, Suzanne. Have fun in NYC.

Unknown said...

Enjoy GR Jane

Love the trading cards Suzanne and can't wait for your second book as I loved The Surrender of Lacy Morgan ... have a good time in NYC

Anna Campbell said...

Hey, Jane, does the chook have a sixpack?

Suz, have a wonderful time in NY. Wish I could be there but I have to say every time I think of that horror flight, I'm kinda glad I'm staying at home this year. I'll catch up with all the lovely Banditas next year in Anaheim which is practically in my backyard in comparison to NYC.

Love the trading cards! In fact, you steamed up my computer screen!

Mary Preston said...

I will keep both eyes on them. WOW!!!

Helen said...

Well done Jane he must be hanging around NY for a reason

Suz

WOW I love them I will send you my address but I do understand if postage is a problem to Oz, they are fantastic and I gotta say I loved The Surrender Of Lacey Morgan can't wait for the next one
whoo hoo.

Have a great time in NY I so wish I could go maybe one day

Have Fun
Helen

hrdwrkdmom aka Dianna said...

I will watch them for you! Lovely idea for the trading cards.

Gannon Carr said...

Have a great time, Suz!

I'll be happy to keep my eyes---and hands---on all of those yummy heroes! *g*

jo robertson said...

Suz, as I've said before I LOVE your Romance Trading Cards fellows. Love the sepia color and the general all-round hunkiness of the "boys."

I'm sure it will be a great hardship, but I'll keep an eye on them while you're in NY.

Have fun at conference and have a tipple for me!

Jenn3128 said...

Hmmm...those boys look dirty and in need of a bath. I've got it all under control over here, no worries!

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I think the temp in the Lair just shot up 20 degrees! WHEW! Crank that air conditioner down to Arctic Tundra level!

Yes indeed, Suz, it's a tough job but somebody needs to keep an eye on those boys...

As ever, I am up for the task!

AC

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Jane,
Please keep a close watch on the GR. Joanie just reported about a BOMB SCARE in Times Square... I have a very bad feeling I KNOW who might be involved, and I'm sure it was fireworks, not a real bomb. :-P

AC

Suzanne Ferrell said...

Thanks everyone! Just a quick pop in to say hey! AllThe Bandits here are all having a great time. We're all having dinner together at a pub! I have some of my trading card lads here to hand out. Do you think they'll cause any excitement?

gamistress66 said...

I'll gladly help keep Ian out of trouble {checks out pic again} yep anytime :) {eyes stray back to pics while wiping keyboard dry again} gladly :) or Dakota--we know he's a handful, or Will--what a smile, surely he's not into any mischief, or Nicco--fiery Italian, oooo nice naughty I'm sure. As for Quinn, Lacy can handle him just fine I think ;)

You go ahead and have fun in NY, I think your boys are going to be watched & handled {ogles pic's again} quite carefully, I'm sure we can come up with ways to keep them entertained and out of trouble ;) though no promises as to their condition when you get back ;)

Enjoy {snickers & whispers to other buddies staying put, "We certainly will won't we?!"} :D

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Jenn,
You're right, Suz's boys look a bit dirty and sweaty. A bath is a GRAND IDEA! I'll be happy to help you!
(AC makes a grab for Ian and catches the hem of his duster.)

AC

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Hey Suz!
I dunno about THERE, but your boys are definitely raising the excitement level HERE!

I hope the pub survives tonight!

HUGS to all in NYC!

AC

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

gamistress said: "Enjoy {snickers & whispers to other buddies staying put, "We certainly will won't we?!"} :D"
Oh YES! We most certainly WILL!

Hmmm, speaking of Will... I think the bath water is almost ready.
(Aunty divests Ian of his chaps.)

Pour in the bubble bath, Jenn! Oh JENN?!?! Never mind...

AC

gamistress66 said...

Aunty -- I'll help Ian, I think Dakota needs your help ;) hmmm, the sponge seems to missing, guess I'll just need to use my hands ;)

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Gamistress,
You are TOO KIND! But I think Dianna and Gannon have Dakota well in hand--well taken care of-- SNORK!

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

AC

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Hmmmm, Jo-Mama and Marybelle seem to be monopolizing Will. ;-) And our Oz BBs Barb and Helen seem to be quite fond of Italian -- Nicco to be exact!

Oh dear! The bubbles are starting to overflow all over the room! There will be quite a mess to clean up later, but I'm quite sure it will have been WORTH IT! ;-)

AC

Landra said...

My top picks are Will Danville and Lord Brookstone. Yea, baby! *whistles*

Have a blast at RWA, and thanks for sharing these tasty morsels. I will be sending you an email soon!

Sheree said...

Ooh to the trading cards!

Pat Cochran said...

Hi, Suzanne,

Just a thought: I would gladly take
care of the postage in order to obtain
the cards. Just sayin'!

Pat Cochran