Thursday, July 2, 2009

Going WILD with Stacey Kayne

by Beth Andrews

Yay! Stacey Kayne is back in the Lair! Please join us in giving her a rowdy Bandit welcome!

Your new release, Mountain Wild, is the third book in your Wild Trilogy for Harlequin Historicals. Could you tell us a bit about Mountain Wild and give us some background on this fabulous series?

Garret Daines first appeared in Mustang Wild at the tender age of thirteen and did his best to defend his older sister Skylar from hired killers and drunken, randy cowboys. Garret is thrilled when Skylar ultimately marries Tucker Morgan and they settle on a horse ranch in Wyoming, along with Tucker’s twin brother Chance.

Maverick Wild kicks off three years later and Garret has packed on some muscle. He develops a serious crush on Chance Morgan’s heroine, Cora Mae, which causes him some heartache, hurting his friendship with Chance and prompting his decision to buy his own cattle ranch in a neighboring valley at the age of sixteen. Garret's to-be-heroine makes her first appearance in Maverick Wild, as the infamous Mad Mag who drops in to save Chance Morgan's hide a time or two. It wasn't until I'd reached the end of Maverick Wild that I knew Maggie would be coming back for her own book. She captivated me with her harsh exterior and subtle kindness, and I wanted her to find love and healing. I knew tender Garret, whom I'd watched grow up, could become just the man to reach beneath that hard exterior.

The whole cast returns in Mountain Wild, picking up six years later and follows the cattle wars of 1889, prompted by a natural disaster during the winter of 1886-87. A freak winter blizzard nearly wiped out the cattle trade in Montana, freezing cowboys and cattle alike. In the years that followed, ranchers struggled to rebuild and hold onto their land as new money came into the area looking to capitalize on their tragedy, and as often happens, desperation and greed turned to violence. Garret and Maggie find themselves caught up the turmoil, fighting for their lives, and Maggie finds herself facing trouble from her own violent past.

Mad Mag is one of my favourite heroines ever (no, I’m not biased). She is such a wonderful, unusual heroine. How did you create her?

Aw, thanks! And wow, good question. Where did Mad Mag come from...funny thing about Maggie is that she was actually a stray character running around in my mind for a long while — I don’t get many of those. But if a visual is strong enough, I’ll sketch a character out on paper, writing the scene in my mind, which was her meeting with Ira, the trapper who saved her. At the time, I didn’t know what book she’d go in or how she’d be used. When I started writing Maverick Wild I saw an opportunity to give Chance an ally and gave Mag some brief ties to Chance’s history. I knew from the start that Mad Mag wasn’t what she appeared, but I didn’t realize how large Mad Mag’s role would grow in my mind. Anyone who reads my work knows I have a penchant for odd, feisty female characters, and by the end of Maverick Wild I was left with two hurting characters, brave as their faces may have been, and I wanted to see them healed — I couldn’t abandon my mountain woman.

How hard was it to write a romance featuring such an atypical heroine? What were some of the issues you faced?

First off, I had to convince my editors that I could pull it off. Their first reaction was NO WAY! I took them by surprise — think I scared them *g*. Maggie was an unexpected and odd choice of heroine in their view and I had to really plead my case and play stubborn. Once I sent them some sample chapters I got the go ahead to send the book ASAP. I knew Maggie inside and out and didn’t have any doubt I could reveal her inner heroine, but I did have my some worries about her reception by readers. I mean, just because I’m partial to wild, raving heroines doesn’t mean readers agree. Here’s hoping my mountain woman will win everyone over!

I’ve adored Garret since the beginning. What makes him the perfect hero for Maggie? And her, the perfect heroine for him?

For me, there was no question that Garret, with his easy smiles and gentle touch, was the only man who could reach beneath Maggie’s gruff exterior to the tender woman beneath. Not only because of his disarming and gentle nature, but also his experience of living with feisty, headstrong women. He was raised by Skylar Daines Morgan (Mustang Wild), after all, an unconventional headstrong heroine if there ever was. He loves and admires his older sister more than anyone - until he finds his own wild woman to cherish. His upbringing gave him a strong understanding of how circumstance plays a part in dictating behaviour. He knows what it’s like to live on the edge of survival. Part of Maggie will always be Mad Mag, and not only can Garret understand her, he can respect and accept her differences.

What was your favorite part about writing this book? What was the most difficult part for you?

The best part was getting to play with recurring characters - characters I already knew and loved. The hardest part, hands down, was letting Garret grow up. It was a huge hang up in the beginning - I wrote eight different starts to this book before I finally found the right one that revealed Garret as the man he needed to be. He’s my baby, the first character I’ve really brought up from such a youngen’ to a full-fledge hero.

What's your favorite thing Garret said to Mag in Mountain Wild?

Oh gosh, a favorite? Garret never failed to make my heart flutter, hard to choose just one — here’s a snippet shortly after he learns the women who saved is life is none other than Mad Mag:
“Maggie?”
She looked up at Garret’s handsome face. His smile gentle, his hazel eyes seeming so disarming, she wondered where taking his hand would lead. The fact that he could still look at her with affection in his eyes truly amazed her.
“Why aren’t you put off by me?”
“Why should I be?”
She could only glance down.
“A bit of buckskin don’t hide the fact that you’re pretty as a magpie. I’ve also seen you wearing nothing but a smile while I kissed every inch of soft skin hidden beneath those clothes.”
Heat rushed to her face. “How improper of you to say so.”
Garret chuckled. “Propriety has never carried much weight in the Daines family. Hard work and honesty, now those are qualities to live by.”
She’d noticed that about him.
“I can also be a gentleman,” he said, stepping close and capturing her hand in his. “If I try real hard.”
Her skin tingled at the sudden contact, the jolt of sensation taking the air from her lungs, but she didn’t pull away.

Stacey, if you were stranded in a mountain cabin during a winter storm, which of your heroes would you pick to be stranded with you and why?

Tucker Morgan from Mustang Wild, because I know I’d be laughing the whole time. Tucker charmed me the first time I saw him in my mind, lounging at a poker table, a slanted grin on those lips. Sexy, playful, strong and loyal...he is still my favorite of all my heroes. I loved his outlook on life, a man who’s out to have a good time and still get the job done. He can be a total beta, but if he’s threatened, look out - he has serious alpha overtones.

If you had to pick one characteristic to describe Garret, what would it be? How about Mag?

Garret, loyal. Maggie, resilient.

Can you give us a taste of what we’ll enjoy in Mountain Wild?

In the midst of a range war, Garret Daines is dead-set on keeping his ranch from greedy local cattle barons. An attempt on his life during a winter storm lands him in the healing hands of a mountain recluse. He can hardly believe the youthful beauty he discovers hidden beneath her mountain woman attire or the passion unleashed by her tender touch.

When "Mad Mag" pulls the handsome rancher from the snow she has no idea he'll be the man to thaw her wounded heart. But Maggie is hiding a mess of secrets in her mountain sanctuary, none of which she’s willing to share. Murderous cattlemen threaten their fragile bond and Maggie has to face the fears of her past or risk losing her hope for the future. Garret will defend his wild woman at any cost, but can he convince her their love is worth the risk?


Here’s my first book video!





You’ve also got an anthology out at the moment – Stetsons, Spring and Wedding Rings. Can you tell us about your novella, Courted By the Cowboy?

Stetsons, Spring & Wedding Rings was just released in June. My contribution, Courted By the Cowboy is a continuation of my ‘Bride’ series. The hero, Kyle Darby is another who first appeared in the first ‘Bride’ book, Bride of Shadow Canyon. He plays a large in The Gunslinger’s Untamed Bride as a US Marshall helping his cousin bring in the bad guys...and flirting with Juniper’s heroine. Juniper gets him back in Courted By the Cowboy, not taking it easy on him when a woman Kyle had saved from a house fire shows up in their new town of Pine Ridge as the newly hired schoolteacher. Here’s a quick blurb:

Constance Pauley becomes enamored with the man who once saved her life — then discovers the dashing Kyle Darby had inadvertently caused her injuries all those years ago. Now she can’t forgive the way he has stolen her heart, and how easily she wants to become his bride...
Read Excerpt

What can we expect next from Stacey Kayne?

I’m working on a new western series. I was sad to let go of the Morgans, but I’ve been having a blast whipping up a whole new cast of characters, this time venturing into the wilds of Montana in 1867, at the onset of the Sioux wars. I’ve been working on the first two books in the series and am hoping it will be out in 2010...providing I can get my can in gear and get this baby finished and turned in...soon.

You'd better hurry - all your readers can't wait for the next Stacey Kayne masterpiece ;-) Visit Stacey's website for more information on all her books: www.staceykayne.com

Thanks for being with us today, Stacey! And now a few questions for our readers: If you were stranded in a mountain cabin during a winter storm, who would you want with you? What three items would you want to have with you?

55 comments:

Anna Campbell said...

Hey, is he coming back to Oz?

Anna Campbell said...

Clearly he missed me at the family reunion! Isn't that sweet? Rooster turns away and hisses in disgust!

Hey, Stacey, fabulous to have you back here with us. You're one of our faves. Even if the cabana boys all start fighting over the two Stetsons in the dress-up box when they hear about your visit.

The new book sounds wonderful. And what a gorgeous cover! For some reason, that heroine with the gun really attracts my interest! I'm so glad you stuck to your guns (pun intended) and told this story. It sounds like a corker!

Helen said...

Well done Anna have fun with him

Stacey

This book and the whole series sounds just fantastic I do love a cowboy, there is something so wild about them love them.

If you were stranded in a mountain cabin during a winter storm, who would you want with you? What three items would you want to have with you?

This is a hard one for me !! who would I take it would have to be Hugh Jackmam of course LOL and the three things I would take with me I would have to have at least one book probaly an axe so Hugh could chop wood to keep the fire going and some chocolate to keep us sustained LOL.

Congrats on the release Stacey it is on my must get list.

Have Fun
Helen

Caren Crane said...

Anna, I can't believe you grabbed the chookie chook! After all he's been through this week, he will be good for NOTHING today. *g*

Stacey, what a thrill to be able to "grow up" a hero! Garret sounds like he turned out really well. Can't wait to read his book! I adore a strong, feisty heroine and find it discouraging that editors aren't more willing to showcase them. WHY, by all that's holy, must our heroines be practically perfect? I don't know anyone like that and I sure wouldn't be friends with anyone like that! I like some quirk in protagonists. Where is their character arc if they start off perfect and don't change? Gah! (sorry, pet peeve)

I would choose to be stranded with Clive Owen, because he looks really competent. I'll bet he could chop wood, build fires, pull cars out of ditches...you know, real man stuff. He's also hotter than Hades, but that's really secondary to being incredibly competent, IMO.

I also would have to take along my AlphaSmart, one of those flashlights that you crank to charge and my iPod. You know, even Clive wouldn't be enough to amuse me. *g*

Anna Sugden said...

Hey Stacey - great to have you back in the Lair ... and with the book I've been waiting for since reading Maverick Wild! I knew Mad Mag was a special character the first time she appeared and was thrilled, as you know, that your editors were smart enough to let you write her story!

Can't wait for your new series - sounds very cool.

Who would I need with me - some hunky special forces guy *g* or Viggo.

I'd need my iPod and Dana too. And a trunk full of books from my TBR pile.

Beth Andrews said...

Welcome, Stacey! I can't wait to read Mountain Wild! I love me some Garret *g*

Anna, congrats on nabbing the GR! I wish I could entice him away from you. I could some extra help getting organized for DC. Do you think he'd mind packing my suitcases?

Don't you just love the cover for Mustang Wild? It's one of my favorites :-)

Beth Andrews said...

Helen, I'm sure Hugh could keep you nice and warm...well he would have that axe for chopping firewood. What did you think I meant? *g*

And yes, chocolate would be a necessity!

Beth Andrews said...

Caren, I love imperfect characters, too! Going along with them on their journey as they grow is so much fun *g* I can't wait to read about Mad Mag's journey!

LOL on choosing Clive because he can do real man stuff! Definitely a plus when stranded in a mountain cabin ;-)

Beth Andrews said...

Anna, I'd take my TBR pile, too! It might be the only way I'd have enough time to get through it :-)

Wonder if I could pretend I was stranded (I could hide out in my bedroom) and try and read all the books in my TBR pile before the conference?

Blodeuedd said...

The books sounds great :)

To the question, hmm, chocolate, books and some movies, cos we really should do other things too, hrm hehe.
As for the guy, I go with John Cusack, cute, funny and nice

hrdwrkdmom aka Dianna said...

If you were stranded in a mountain cabin during a winter storm, who would you want with you? What three items would you want to have with you?

I would want Tucker with me. I am with Stacey, I think Tyler is cool.

Three things?? TBR pile, that counts as one right? Coffee and chocolate.

I just got the anthology and cannot wait for Mountain Wild. I want to see Maggie become more than we see. She caught my attention in a hurry when she saved Chance.

jo robertson said...

Hi, Stacey, welcome back to the Bandit Lair. It's so good to see you again. I keep missing you at our chapter meetings!

You write the best EVER western romances, girl! The story of Maggie and Garet sounds delicious!

Stranded in a mountain cabin? Hmmm, Clint Eastwood when he was in the TV series Rawhide. And we wouldn't need three items LOL.

Stacey Kayne said...

Anna!!! That was some fine rooster nabbing :) Now tell me those cabana boys are outfitted in chaps--hat can be optional ;-) Poor Garret seems to have lost his (actually Maggie hid them *g*)--standing out the snow in nothin' but a blanket. Seems with every cover my heroes have less and less clothing. I'm really anxious to see the next one.

Thanks for the welcome--love the lair!

Stacey Kayne said...

Thanks, Helen! I so love your survival list...a sweaty Hugh (aka The Drover *g*) and chocolate...ooooh yeah!

Minna said...

If you were stranded in a mountain cabin during a winter storm, who would you want with you? Paul Gross
What three items would you want to have with you? Chocolate, books, dvds.

Due South
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixJrH-YxoSM&feature=related

p226 said...

I'd want my wife with me.

As for what three items? How long are we talking being stuck in this cabin? If it's for a long time (say a month or more)....

1. A good, accurate, bolt-action rifle chambered in 30-06 or 300 winmag.

2. A multi-pack of disposable lighters. (Gotta have heat, and you need fire for heat, and I'm too damned lazy to make a bow to start a fire with sticks)

3. A very high quality folding knife for skinning/gutting game and various other chores.

Joan said...

Well Anna C....Congrats on the chook! Maybe he can find out what happened to his cousin Bogen?

Stacy, welcome back to The Lair!

I have only one word to say about your cover...

WOW!!!!

The story snippets piqued my interest and I believe I'll be stopping by at the literacy signing for my own copy!

And also just wanted to say...Go, girl on writing in a different historical time setting!

Joan said...

Oh, forgot the question.

I'd want to be stuck with Karen Marie Moning's hero Adam Black...the darkest elf.

With...

Chocolate and honey (variety for...yannoo....licking) and a big quilt so he can come looking for me. :-)

With that, we won't need a fire :0

Stacey Kayne said...

Hi Caren! Gotta say it was kinda weird to grow a hero--hard as I tried to scuff him up a bit, I couldn't completely divest Garret of his boyish sweetness...it seeps out ever now and again. I'm sad to see this series go...but am having fun with the new one.

Ya know, when MUSTANG WILD came out I was slammed by a few reviewers for my alpha heroine, so you surely can't please everyone, but I'm thrilled my editors have given me the chance to write my brand of heroines--figure the covers should scare off anyone who can't dig on a woman who can handle a gun and her man ;-)

Love your survival plan!!!

housemouse88 said...

Hello Stacey,

I already have this book on my to buy list. I looked for it yesterday but couldn't find it.

Stranded in a cabin I would have to have my husband. The three things I'd need are my TBR pile (This would last me a few months.), food, and coffee. Have a great day.

pjpuppymom said...

Congrats, Anna!

Hi Stacey! Can't wait to pick up a copy of your new book. It sounds delish!

Unknown said...

Congrats Anna on grabbing that rooster today!

Hi Stacey, I love your books but have not read any of the wild series yet but they are on my wish list. Your new book sound fabulous!

If I was stranded in a mountain cabin the three things I would want would be a good book, food, and a nice looking man to take care of all the manly things.

Stacey Kayne said...

Anna!!! May favorite PlayPal across the pond :) Hey, thanks for helping to kick me in gear! The cowboys have been holding me captive ;-)

THANK YOU, Anna! I'm so super thrilled that a character that really connected with me could touch a chord in others--'specially considering how little page time Mag got in MAVERICK.

Hmmm...a crackling fire and Viggo as a page turner...oh yeah ;-)

Stacey Kayne said...

THANKS for letting me back into the lair, Beth--I love me some Bandita company!!! Been pining for it :)

After checking out your new book cover, me thinks I'm slowly wooing y'all over to the cowboy side ;o) For those who've not seen it yet--a yummy cowboy treat! Can't wait to get my hands on that book, btw!!!

Stacey Kayne said...

Hi, Blodeuedd! Oooh, John Kusack--one of my favorites! He sure made a sexy hit man ;-)

Stacey Kayne said...

Hi Dianna! Thanks for picking up STETSONS, SPRING & WEDDING RINGS!!! Say that title three times real fast *lol* Hope you'll enjoy it, Kyle and Constance were a blast--wish I'd had more pages for them to spar and spark--but I had to share ;-)

Glad Maggie made an impression---Chance's hanging was my favorite scene in MAVERICK WILD--nothing like stringing up the hero. Yeah, I might have a little blood lust :) Though I never did get to kill anyone off in that book. I made up for it in MOUNTAIN WILD--lots of shooting going on :)

Stacey Kayne said...

Jo!! THANK YOU!! I miss the SVR meetings--wish I could get weekends off ;-) I joined the new Fresno Romance Writers at the beginning of the year--Yosemite Romance Writers--and haven't made it to more than one meeting so far....after I get this book turned in... I'll get skinny and social--that's the plan ;o)

Sounds like you might need a bullwhip in the cabin...*g*

Fedora said...

STACEY!!!!!

I loved, LOVED your Wild series and absolutely cannot wait for your new series! Might have to pull them out for a reread in the meantime...

As for being stranded in a mountain cabin, hmm... it sounds like maybe I'd want Garret (after he's gotten some tips from p226--Dude, you totally sound like you know what you're doing--a very good thing!) And I'm with Dianna--my TBR, fire starter/fuel, and a comfy bed.

Congrats on nabbing the GR, Anna! Does he seem handy in a mountain cabin?

Stacey Kayne said...

Hi Minna! Sure sounds like chocolate is the common denominator here :o)

Stacey Kayne said...

Hot damn, p226...all that sweet talk about "bolt-action" rifles and high quality knives has set my heart a fluttering! And you play guitar?!? Lucky wife :) With those skills you are hardly stuck...more like homesteading ;-)

Stacey Kayne said...

Hi Joan! THANKS!! Sadly I won't be at National this year....we remodeled our house--double it's size, actually, as my teens had outgrown our little ranch house. I posted some pics on the Petticoats & Pistols blog:

http://petticoatsandpistols.com/2009/06/05/staceys-new-digs/

Love the new space--good thing, 'cause now we're broke as newly remolded-house mice *g*

BTW, I'm taking notes for my next snowed-in cabin theme ;-)

Becke Davis said...

What is it with the cowboys? I never think I'm going to like Westerns, but whenever I read one, I do. (The last one I read was one Anna Sugden recommended: Catch a Fallen Angel by Kathleen Kane). Looks like I'm going to have three more Westerns to read -- I'm going to order these right now. Love the video for the new one!

p226 said...

LOL

Who said anything about Guitar? I think maybe some Banditas are sharing back-channel intel.

Yeah, I'd want a guitar with me if stuck in a cabin for a long time. But it'd be way down the list of more practical items. But assuming I got that far down the list of stuff I could have with me, a sweet Martin acoustic would do the trick. Maybe a 12 string. I mean, if I'm holed up in a cabin with my wife, I'd be playing ballads and blues anyway since speed-metal sounds positively ridiculous acoustic. May as well be a 12 string.

Besides, if my wife got annoyed with it and smashed it over my head, I could always use the steel and nickel-wound strings as snares for small game.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
p226 said...

Ohhhhhh....

Someone clicked my google profile. I forgot I had that picture of me playing guitar.

Alas, the Banditas may be innocent. My apologies.

Stacey Kayne said...

Hi Housemouse88! Thanks for checking for my book! I do believe Beth is giving one away later ;-)

Stacey Kayne said...

Hi PJ! Thanks!!

Anna Campbell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna Campbell said...

Beth, if the GR was packing your suitcase, you'd get there and have nothing but scotch available to you - and definitely not a shred of underwear! He's a wicked young chook! Actually Posh is right about him having had all the vinegar pressed out of him with all the excitement. All he's done all day is lie around beside the pool and give the parrots the eye.

Stacey Kayne said...

Anna--ROFL!!!

Stacey Kayne said...

THANKS, Virginia! A series is fun to read in order. I'm excited to be doing on consecutive series with this next go-round, released fairly close together. I hope the book fairy will be sending a Wild trio your way ;-)

Stacey Kayne said...

FEDORA!!! So super glad you enjoyed the series.

I'm thinking Garret (who has experience with keeping warm under such snowy conditions) and p226 could give quite the survival course!

Stacey Kayne said...

Didn't think you'd like cowboys??? Oh, Treethyme, thank goodness Anna is out there roping in readers *g* Her taste is impeccable! Kathleen Kane's TO CATCH A FALLEN ANGEL is one of my absolute favorites!! Gabe is such a great hero, and his relationship with the little boy...too precious. Thanks for taking a chance on western!

Stacey Kayne said...

LOL, p226 -- "I could always use the steel and nickel-wound strings as snares for small game." -- Love it, talented and resourceful!

yup, saw your pic. I live with two guitar strumming, heavy drumming, speed-metal-loving teens (added a music room onto our house). Lucky for me, I'm a metal fan--but there days when unplugging those electric guitars is sheer heaven ;-)

p226 said...

:D Stacey reminded me that my profile pic was about a year old. So I changed it.

No guitar in it now.

Though... I kind of want to be secluded in the mountains for some odd reason. Yep. About a month living off the land would absolutely rule.

Pat Cochran said...

Hi, Stacy,

So good to have you here, sorry I'm
late!

Couple of questions: How difficult is it to give recurring characters a new angle for a new book? Who does the music for the "Mountain" video?

If stranded, I'd have to have Honey
with me (sorry, David B.!) Three
items: books, candles & lighters,
and I say chocolate, Honey says
camera!

Pat Cochran (who lives in Houston
where we have only 2 or 3 days of
winter a year!)

Stacey Kayne said...

Can't imagine what brought those yearnings on, p226 ;-) Sweet pic!

Louisa Cornell said...

Good on you, La Campbell! You are one of the few people who can keep the GR in line! Even if you DO have to lock him in the pantry!

Stacey, I've told you before I LOVE that cover and I really enjoy your books!!

For me I think I would want Kylemore from Claiming the Courtesan AND your Chance with me in that cabin. Variety is the spice of life, don't you know!

I would want my computer and internet to keep up with all of my Banditas and Buddies.

A huge duffle bag of books from my TBR stack.

Oh and chocolate, lots of chocolate!

Stacey Kayne said...

Hi Pat! Great to see you :)

Other than Garret, slipping into the heads of new leads of recurring characters has been pretty easy. Easier than starting from scratch, that's for sure, because I've gotten to know them really well in the previous book(s)--it's one the main reasons I really love writing a series. I had such a great time with Kyle in GUNSLINGER, his personality coming on so strong in that book, it was a lot of fun to take him right into his own book, getting to focus on him and bringing out that same attitude.

Garret was different, because I really had never gotten to know him an adult. I had a lot of behind the scenes developing to do, trying to uncover the man he'd become in the six years between MAVERICK and MOUNTAIN, while still keeping some of the sweet Garret from the previous books.

Right now I'm working on the new series, and while Lake is the hero in the first book, his buddy Gabe keeps stealing the show...and dragging me over into his book--a really bossy band of men in these!--so the books sort of go hand in hand, one helping to writing the other. Of course, writing two books at once is not helping me to meet my deadline ;-/

Your winter sounds about like ours here in Central CA *ggg*

Stacey Kayne said...

p226 wrote:
"Alas, the Banditas may be innocent."

Hmmm??? Something about that statement just doesn't read right ;-)

Joan said...

Alas, the Banditas may be innocent.

There's a first time for everything :D

Oh, and p226? The new pic? Um, it only shows MAYBE your right ear.....

Unknown said...

Keanu Reeves, my ebook reader, food, and Matthew McCaunghey

Caffey said...

Hi Stacey! I just love your covers! All the more excited to soon read your trilogy! I do have the anthology to read!

I so love to be in that cabin with my hubby! Having only to be able to bring 3 things with me they'd be:
1. Toilet paper LOL
2. Books! Now if I can only bring one book, then I'd bring my ebook read with a huge memory card so I get all the books I can on it!
3. Food, especially cheerios. Yes I love to munch on those plain!

Pissenlit said...

I'd want to bring my TBR mountain, my mp3 player and um...hmmm...maybe a gallon of hot chocolate. Hmm, I can't narrow down who I'd bring with me...though they'd have to bring their own gallon of hot chocolate. I'm not sharing. :D

limecello said...

Ooo so I'm late to the party- but ... trapped in a cabin? I'd want electricity for sure... books - maybe a kindle so I have LOTS of books... and... food :P Who would I want to be with? Well, a) someone who could get me out of there, or b) entertain me while we're stranded ;) Any rugged, capable romance hero will do O:-)