Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Please Welcome Kimberly Raye!!!

I think one of the most amazing parts of being a writer is getting to meet other authors whose work I'm crazy about. Its this fun combination of awe, excitement and joy. That's how I felt when I first met Kimberly at a small local conference and got to sit next to her at dinner. Its always so cool to realize someone whose talent you've admired for so long is just a really nice person! And now I'm thrilled to welcome Kimberly to the Lair!!!

I’m so excited to be here today! It’s been a busy past few weeks with the release of my newest Dead End Dating novel, SUCKER FOR LOVE, from Ballantine, but things have finally calmed down enough for me to actually write. Yay! Special thanks to Tawny for inviting me. You rock!
(awww, shucks -thanks Kim!!)

Now on to the good stuff . . . the hot, steamy, titillating S-E-X.

For me, one of the biggest challenges I face as a romance writer is how to keep things fresh. Let’s face it, there are only so many different ways to do it. You can change positions, but if you’re not careful, the story starts to read like Yoga instruction rather than a super hot encounter between two people falling madly in love. You can add food, but that can get tedious and sometimes weird if you’ve written a lot of books and have done everything from a whipped cream bikini to a human sushi buffet (don’t ask). There are always the tried and true sex toys to spice things up, but once you’ve done a full-size blow-up sex doll with a fully functional penis, the party is pretty much over.

So what’s a girl to do?

For me, the one thing I never get bored of is an interesting location. In my quest to find new and different sex spots, I’ve spent lots of time brainstorming possibilities with my writing buddies. So without further ado, here are some of my favorites:

Kimberly Raye’s Guide to Doing it in all the Right Places!
1. Zoo – Bring out the beast in your man.
2. Hayloft – Prickly and primitive.
3. Dressing room – Now we know Victoria’s Secret.
4. Elevator – Going down, anyone?
5. Pile of fall leaves – Snap, crackle, pop!
6. Kitchen table – Appetizer, entrĂ©e, dessert.
7. Washing machine – Shake, rattle and roll!
8. Mattress store – Love that extra firm.
9. Hotel balcony – Room service with a view.
10. Deer Stand – Close your eyes, Bambi!

Okay, that last one is more my husband’s favorite, but you get the idea. It’s all about being different and fresh. So tell me, do you have a unique idea for a sex spot? Interested romance writers really want to know!

XXOO Kimberly Raye

27 comments:

PinkPeony said...

Hi Tawny! Welcome Kimberly!

Hmm...the walk-in pantry under the watchful eyes of all the canned goods and jars of summer pickles..or the walk-in linen closet amidst the scent of freshly laundered linens. And a freight elevator because it's unlikely there will be surveillance cameras in there.

Jen ;)

Unknown said...

Missed him by a feather!

Jane said...

Hi Kimberly,
I've always thought the library would be sexy place to have fun. It can be against the bookshelves or on the ladder.

Wendy said...

Hi, Kimberly! How about a phone booth? Well, that is if you're asking for indecent exposure charges! *g*

Helen said...

Congrats PinkPeony have fun with him

Hi Kimberly it is nice to meet you and thanks Tawny for inviting Kimberly to meet us all.

I would say you have come to the right place to get ideas for some fun places LOL.

How about in a row boat along a nice meandering river with out rocking the boat too much !!
A popular place here in Australia during the wild 70's was always the drive in movie there was always a long row of panel vans right up the back and did they rock.

I am sure you are going to get a lot of ideas Kimberly.

Have Fun
Helen

Renee said...

Very interesting post. Can't wait to see what everyone pipes in.

Renee

jo robertson said...

Hilarious post, Kimberly. Welcome to the Lair! Thanks for inviting her, Tawny.

Congratulations, Jen, are you going to "tame the rooster," so to speak? He's quite the player.

Hmmm, not exciting, but I've always been rather fond of the floor in front of a roaring fire! Make that two roaring fires!

Tawny said...

YAY - Kim's here to visit!!! Welcome to the lair :-)

I love the list!! How totally fun. I can't wait to see all the ideas flowing today.

Tawny said...

Pink, congrats on snagging the rooster :-) I'm sorry, but I'm giggling like crazy over the idea of doing the big whoopie by the jars of pickles *g* The imagery, you know?

Tawny said...

Soooo close, Virginia!!

Tawny said...

Oh man, Jane- So many wonderful reasons to read, huh?

Tawny said...

LOL Wendy, if Superman can strip down to his tights in a phone booth, why can't it be used for other fun things, huh?

Lynz Pickles said...

Hi, Kimberly! Phew, hot topic today. *fans self*

I've always been a fan of the water locations - beach, pool, bath, shower... and also of Jane's library idea. One of my all-time favourite sex scenes takes place against a tree. I couldn't look at trees for about a week after reading it without possibilities running through my head.

Tawny said...

LOL Helen -I'm picturing a long row of rocking vans now, how funny. The river sounds so romantic and sexy, though.

Tawny said...

I know, Renee, I'm excited to see the ideas, too!!

Tawny said...

LOL Jo, two fires, huh? Definitely better than one!!!

Tawny said...

Lyn, Oooh, now that you remind me, I remember one particular tree scene too. Its been years since I read the book, I honestly don't recall the title or even the author. But that tree scene? OMG hot!!!

WriterGirl said...

Hi Tawny and Kimberly! Great post!! And I love the list! :)

Tawny said...

Hey WriterGirl!! It's a fun list, isn't it?!

Lynz Pickles said...

Tawny: there's another tree scene? Awesome! The one I was talking about is from a book that's not out yet. But if there are other tree scenes out there, I want to read them, too!

jo robertson said...

LOL, Tawny, that's the "fire within" and the "fire without."

I've always thought joining the mile-high club would be interesting, but I've flown enough to know those plane lavatories are way too teeny!

jo robertson said...

Lynz, thanks for reminding me! Definitely water -- the pool, the spa, all that buoyance. Yikes!

Kimberly Raye said...

Sorry I'm just now posting. I've been at football for my oldest all day. We live in Texas so, of course, they start early. So Friday Night Lights here. Anyhow, I LOVE all the comments. I, too, love water locations and the library is definitely on my TRY list (my characters, not ME. Really.) Thanks so much for all of the wonderful suggestions!

Kimberly Raye said...

And Tawny, thanks for inviting me!

Kimberly Raye said...

Every time I'm up in an airplane I wonder about the mile high club. The bathroom just seems so small and there's ALWAYS someone waiting when I open the door. But first class on a night flight, the lights off, etc., might be VERY interesting.

Nicole's Book Musings said...

Love your post!

From the books I've read, one of my favorites is the great outdoors under the stars.

Fedora said...

Wow, I'm brain-dead *and* boring... Under a pile of fresh, clean laundry? I'd better read up on everyone's lively suggestions! And Kimberly, I haven't read your Dead End Dating novels yet, but LOVED your Blazes--on the keeper shelf! Very nice to see you in the Lair!