by Caren Crane
Here in the Lair, holidays often sneak up on us - especially when they are on a Monday. Tomorrow is Independence Day here in the U.S.A. and most people are traveling this weekend. Or, like me, they plan to be especially indolent the entire three-day weekend.
My list of accomplishments so far:
1. Got hooked on a new (to me) series: Lie To Me. It's available for Instant View on Netflix and I totally got sucked in last night! More of that to come today, I'm sure.
2. Shelled and cooked some purple-hull peas. My husband helped some immigrants from Budan start a community garden this spring. He went to check on some things yesterday and they sent him home with the peas, a bit of okra, a couple of honeydew melons and some cucumbers. Good eating for us this weekend! I cooked the peas in some chicken stock (which my husband make for me because I've been sick the past week) and some onions. They were Heaven!
3. Watched 'The Lion King' with my youngest, who was home for about a day and a half between camp sessions. Actually, we also watched 'To Sir, With Love', which she had never seen. She's already on her way back to camp, so no more mothering for me this weekend.
4. Read some back issues of 'Rolling Stone' magazine. I hadn't read it in recent years and I must say that they are publishing some of the most in-depth and insightful articles on politics and current events in the U.S.A. that I have read in a long time. Great stuff! (And if you don't know why you should be afraid of Roger Ailes, look up the article 'Fear Factor'!)
5. Hm...trying for a fifth thing here. Oh, I changed the sheets on my bed! Well, I took them off and washed them and put the fitted sheet back on. Then I was exhausted and my husband finished it, but I'm going to count it anyway.
As promised, complete indolence! I usually feel the need to get really busy and accomplish tasks I normally put off. Since I've been under the weather, though, I've taken the pressure off and succumbed to my natural state of sluggishness. (If you haven't seen the 'Lazy Sunday' videos and the others by Lonely Island, you're missing out!)
What are you up to this lazy Sunday? If you're in the U.S., any plans for Independence Day? And when you have a day to be lazy, what do you indulge in? Lazy Banditas want to know!